Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Paul Barber.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The ambition is to be lower than bmth and brentford. Its to have the best stadium in L1 Im yet to see anything that will chamge my mind to be honest.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There were a considerable number of empty seats in our Directors' Box - particularly in the front row. Sums it up.

Even if prior commitments mean that Directors cannot attend matches (perfectly understandable), PB could and should offer their seats to either corporate box holders or 1901 members as a goodwill gesture on the day.

Empty seats in the Directors' Box is not a good sign - ask anyone who went to the Goldstone during the war years.

(Apart from the chairman) "we have several directors who have spent a lifetime following this club; the vast majority of our board live locally and face supporters every day". Paul Barber, earlier this month. I have no idea who all these living-round-the-corner Albion diehards are apart from Derek Chapman but surely they were all there today?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There were a considerable number of empty seats in our Directors' Box - particularly in the front row. Sums it up.

Even if prior commitments mean that Directors cannot attend matches (perfectly understandable), PB could and should offer their seats to either corporate box holders or 1901 members as a goodwill gesture on the day.

Empty seats in the Directors' Box is not a good sign - ask anyone who went to the Goldstone during the war years.

Berk is on holiday in Spain, maybe he could bring us back a striker.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In a pathetic admission of catering defeat, the daft buggers closed the big central kiosk in the North Stand at 17:20. The considerable number of 'customers' clutching near-full pints could scarcely believe their eyes. Some emailed Barber on the spot, demanding that he come down in person and explain that idiotic decision. Post-match catering RIP. Twats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's finally nailed the Amex experience. No queues for beer and loads of pies for everyone. Space on the concources and easy to get on the trAins. Much better than strikers scoring goals.

And a special thanks to his paymaster TB. That fantastic player budget, and his perennial faith in Burke & his team, that recruited COG and Baldock, and forces our hand in making JFC our 'key' centre midfielder, has led to no queues for refreshments on the WSU. Well done, match day experience enhanced. Meanwhile ..... in that less important side-show of the playing side on the pitch ..... .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
In a pathetic admission of catering defeat, the daft buggers closed the big central kiosk in the North Stand at 17:20. The considerable number of 'customers' clutching near-full pints could scarcely believe their eyes. Some emailed Barber on the spot, demanding that he come down in person and explain that idiotic decision. Post-match catering RIP. Twats.

We are Premier League ready don't you know.

Do you think our top management have taken their fingers of the pulse and become a little complacent?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
North stand bars shut just after 6 tonight. The plan of getting people to drink after the game is going well too....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Ridiculous. What are they playing at?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I hope Mr Barber reads this, but I will be e-mailing him anyway.

The behaviour of the door staff in the West Reception/1901 Harry Bloom was a DISGRACE today. I have been a fan since 1984, but today was embarrassing and my worst experience of treatment by club staff.

As soon as I walked in the main entrance, I was given a filthy look at by one of the security staff, no idea why. Then I was BOOMED at by an over officious female steward as soon as I approached the entrance to the lounge without any sort of greeting. "You can't come in here without a collar" she shouted, despite the fact i was smartly dressed with a smart plain jumper and shoes and smart collared coat. A second female steward then patronisingly thrust a leaflet in my hand and said "we are enforcing it this season". Enforcing what? The leaflet didn't even mention jumpers not being acceptable.

I am not a Harry Bloom 1901 regular as i have a season ticket in the East stand, but sometimes get tickets. I have never ever been treated with this level of contempt by anyone, yet alone my own football club. It's not as if i am some corporate numpty, i was a Goldstone and Withdean regular and went on all the marches for the stadium, I am a long standing supporter through thick and thin. I had to buy a £25 polo shirt to gain admission from the shop (fine because it had a collar) and queue for half an hour to get it. There was no way i was missing the match.

When i finally got in to the lounge, there were lots of scruffy people in there, some wearing hoodies and ripped jeans with a scruffy collared polo shirt underneath. Two even had trainers. I would say i was in the 20% of the smartest people in that lounge but the collar jobsworths were having none of it. I saw a number of other fans suffer the same fate. As one guy said, they will regret it when they get 10,000 fans next season and none of these fair weather supporters want to know.

Sterile, plastic, over officious and downright RUDE. I never thought i would pine for the days of Withdean and Dick Knight. The stadium might be the best in the division and god knows we fought for it, but treating the fans with this level of disrespect and indeed contempt ruins the whole experience. I will not be spending a single penny at the stadium again as a personal protest unless i receive an apology.

I have defended the club until now on things like pricing and treatment of fans as things do have to change and evolve. However, my day was summed up for me just as i was leaving. The train announcement said "we would like to remind all CUSTOMERS the last train leaves in 10 minutes.....". No further comment necessary.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here