Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Regarding the FFP stuff i think its been explained enough times, the russian owners interest comes from the fact he has a property in Sandbanks which is quite fortunate for us.

Fine- and the holding company?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Fair play to Bournemouth.

Working their way up the divisions without saddling themselves with going on £200m of debt is a very good achievement.

Play good football and they have that extra addition of the ability of scoring goals.

Ah Crystal Palace, everyone's favourite plucky little Premier League club. I'm not even sure QPR fans take you seriously.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon the AFC thing sounds dead glamorous and continental and our fortunes would imediately change for the better if we were re-branded as AFC BH, complete with accompanying shitty committee-designed club badge.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Fine- and the holding company?

i know as much everyone else about his companies and finances-nothing, he seems very secretive, so much so when we played Liverpool last year they had some special photo taken where every single person in the stadium could see themselves, his box was blurred out.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Well I can't stand Bournemouth, the town or the club, but even I wouldn't argue that they don't deserve to be where they are on the basis of the results they've got this season.

I don't like the way they're doing it, and to my mind, there are massive, massive question marks about the finances (regardless of the Lallana/Grabban money- there were some fairly impressive wages being paid even when they were in League One), but I shall just sit back and wait to see what happens in the long run. Where does this mysterious Russian's interest in Bournemouth come from? And why does nobody know where their holding company is registered?

Maybe it is just a miracle of great coaching, team spirit, skill and positive thinking, and it really is a "plucky Bournemouth" thing. They've certainly played well enough, and no matter how much you spend, you still need to do the business on the pitch. I just think it's a little odd that AFCB aren't attracting the same sort of goodwill from many other football fans that other less fashionable clubs did when they achieved the Holy Grail of Premier League football (Burnley, Hull, Swansea, Bradford etc). Why do so many people not believe in the fairytale?

Oh, and I think they'll easily clinch promotion, Bozza. They're the only ones out of the top four who never look like losing games. Middlesbrough & the others have all had genuine wobbles. Bournemouth have been remarkably consistent. Personally I can't wait to watch Tommy Elphick & Yann Kermorgant in the Premier League :D

Never mind Edna, when, due to cutbacks, RPU HH becomes RPU Sussex and then eventually RPU South and its just you running the whole outfit you'll be able to pull edible Eddie over at will all over Dorset and ticket the hell out of the cute little sausage.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Fair play to Bournemouth.

Working their way up the divisions without saddling themselves with going on £200m of debt is a very good achievement.

Play good football and they have that extra addition of the ability of scoring goals.

Sorry? We aren't £200M in debt, in fact, the club of BHAFC is not in debt at all.
And we know you aren't - now. Hasn't stopped your from fleecing your suppliers before though has it?
Get your facts straight before you come sprouting utter shit

SDG

May 26, 2014
Sorry? We aren't £200M in debt, in fact, the club of BHAFC is not in debt at all.
And we know you aren't - now. Hasn't stopped your from fleecing your suppliers before though has it?
Get your facts straight before you come sprouting utter shit

Oh, I'm sorry.

I'll rephrase that slightly.

Bournemouth succeeded without the gift of £200m including a stadium from a wealthy owner who people on this site slag off forgetting that he could quite as easy call it all back in one day. Except, he won't, because unlike the vast majority on here, he is a real fan.

Arise Mr. Bloom. You deserve much better.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Ah Crystal Palace, everyone's favourite plucky little Premier League club. I'm not even sure QPR fans take you seriously.

Do we even have to ask about people taking you seriously, dearest Botty?

People are still laughing even now about the absurdity of your BBS reign. Which ended around the time of Palace's promotion coincidentally.

Out of interest, does anyone know of the whereabouts of NSC member philsussex, I think his name was seagull08 on the BBS? We're actually worried about him!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
JCL i was a season ticket holder in the old south stand, does the population you stated not include the former town of hove? so similar to being the city of Bournemouth poole and christchurch which would gives us around 500k and you have had league status for 3 extra years meaning you have history and we don't ? ok, also please have a look at our coastline and swap the south downs for the new forest any day of the week....just had a look Brighton on its own has a population of 166k as per wiki and regarding your extra couple of years in the top flight if we were to spend a couple of years in the prem would we then have more history? again mistaking success for history in my opinion.

Ooo, my willy's bigger than your willy!

If you are going to get into conurbation sizes then the conurbation of Brighton, Hove, Worthing & Littlehampton (similar in size to the area of South East Dorest) is 474,485.

But putting all this aside, I think you'll find most Albion fans wish Bournemouth well. You're a town of similar size that has never really boasted a major football team. The same is true with the Albion. We've been a Div 3 team for much of our existence. We'd like to change that.

It would be great too see more teams from the South start to appear higher up the leagues so that we can put right the imbalance that started with football clubs in the North going professional much earlier than those in the South.

Good luck to you. Now can we stop the playground foolishness?

ithastobesaid

Apr 16, 2015
Brighton fans in being deluded shocker, same old faces saying the same old things.
Brighton are bigger, better etc more history(hilarious), more fans, more goals(oops).
Nobody cares, its all just words. Where it really counts is on the pitch and Bournemouth are far superior to BHA in every department. Oh how about your world class academy I hear you say? Won't be much use in league 1 the way you are heading will it. I for one will look forward to hopefully having a trip down to Bournemouth, as the joy of beating Brighton aside I much prefer sand to stones.
Still love how some call the team at the top then minnows, ahh bless.
Good luck Bournemouth!!!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Brighton fans in being deluded shocker, same old faces saying the same old things.
Brighton are bigger, better etc more history(hilarious), more fans, more goals(oops).
Nobody cares, its all just words. Where it really counts is on the pitch and Bournemouth are far superior to BHA in every department. Oh how about your world class academy I hear you say? Won't be much use in league 1 the way you are heading will it. I for one will look forward to hopefully having a trip down to Bournemouth, as the joy of beating Brighton aside I much prefer sand to stones.
Still love how some call the team at the top then minnows, ahh bless.
Good luck Bournemouth!!!

Jesus, imagine making an account for that :lolol:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
For goodness sake why so precious ...it is after all a Brighton forum and unless I am mistaken posters can put their opinion across regardless if you agree or not .I am in the good luck Bournemouth camp ,I am not bitter in fact I always think it refreshing when a smaller club makes it to the so called promised land ,and before the Bournemouth fans get aggrieved you will be a small club in the premier ,which will be to your advantage in certain aspects i.e the pressure wont be so great and the media will love you .I take my hat off to you but not to the extent of a love in like some on here .

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes it's been a bad season, but at least our owner is a Brighton supporter through and through. There are not many clubs that can say that.
Bloom is probably hurting as much as we are.

As for Bournemouth grrr but best of luck, you earned it. You next step is staying there, but please please don't do a pompey.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
What happened to the chairman who came onto the pitch in a 'well refreshed' state offering to take anyone on ?

That was rather funny.

Bournemouth still have a bit to do, any of the top four can still win it. I watched the first half of the game versus Brighton and they looked very ordinary. Would be a shame if they ****ed it up now after having a great season and scoring a bucket full of goals.

Good luck to them in the run in. Fingers crossed they can do it, I fancy a weekend down the seaside next season.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
That was rather funny.

Bournemouth still have a bit to do, any of the top four can still win it. I watched the first half of the game versus Brighton and they looked very ordinary. Would be a shame if they ****ed it up now after having a great season and scoring a bucket full of goals.

Good luck to them in the run in. Fingers crossed they can do it, I fancy a weekend down the seaside next season.

It's a nice. light and airy modern ground with a friendly feel around it. Like the sea-air, the change will do you good.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Ooo, my willy's bigger than your willy!

If you are going to get into conurbation sizes then the conurbation of Brighton, Hove, Worthing & Littlehampton (similar in size to the area of South East Dorest) is 474,485.

But putting all this aside, I think you'll find most Albion fans wish Bournemouth well. You're a town of similar size that has never really boasted a major football team. The same is true with the Albion. We've been a Div 3 team for much of our existence. We'd like to change that.

It would be great too see more teams from the South start to appear higher up the leagues so that we can put right the imbalance that started with football clubs in the North going professional much earlier than those in the South.

Good luck to you. Now can we stop the playground foolishness?

i think you have pretty much agreed with everything i originally said, you should have quoted the person i was quoting and not myself :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Up north they're regarded as the team that's replaced Wigan as the small club in the Premier League. No one really comments on football or players but always mentions the Always Ultras.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
What happened to the chairman who came onto the pitch in a 'well refreshed' state offering to take anyone on ?

Eddie Mitchell, has just bankrupted his 7th maybe 8th construction firm (he builds the flash houses in sandbanks) he was selling one of these properties to Max Denim our Russian and luckily for us brought him on board before Max took full control, Eddie is now trying to take control of Poole town, who are the verge of reaching the conference south, and getting them back in there old stadium which is currently used for dog racing and speedway.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
i think you have pretty much agreed with everything i originally said, you should have quoted the person i was quoting and not myself :thumbsup:

Apologies if that's the case. I didn't see that original post.

I wish our moderator in chief hadn't started this stupid thread. It makes us look right tw@ts.

You're going up because you deserve to go up. We're in a relegation battle and we only have ourselves to blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports