Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm at work and I keep standing up and sitting down again. I'm not sure why but I think it's because we might be signing f***ing VICENTE.

Stand Up - the news we might be signing Vincente for nothing
Sit down - the news we might be signing Billy Painter for £500k
Stand Up - the news we might be signing Vincente for nothing
Sit down - the news we might be signing Billy Painter for £500k

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I've heard this one as well. No idea who he is though!! But everyone seems happy!!

He has played 39 times for Spain, was described as one if their biggest prospects, but nigggly injuries have stopped playing a lot. About 29 so a good few years left and still a world class player

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Makes me laugh - on another thread people are saying that Owen and Zamora are out of our league and yet some Spanish rag mentions Vicente who if fit, would walk his way into most Premier league teams and everyone gets excited- bit hypocritical...that said I would LOVE IT if he signs!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It sounds like he speaks better English than most on NSC. Who is responsible for the translation?

Must be one of those automatic internet translators. "Cantera" literally means "quarry" in Spanish but is also used about youth systems.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I'm going to get as much work done today as I did the day CMS signed for us. Not very much.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The thing which makes this more believable is reading through the most recent article on the argus website and reading what Gus says.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
SUPERDEPORTE.ES

Vicente Rodriguez can close today a move to Brighton City of the Championship, the English second division. The former Valencia CF player is without a club since finished his contract with the entity Mestalla on 30 June, and could fulfill his dream of playing in England, although this modest team that won promotion last season and now up the category leader. Gustavo Poyet, the former Real Zaragoza, is technical.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Makes me laugh - on another thread people are saying that Owen and Zamora are out of our league and yet some Spanish rag mentions Vicente who if fit, would walk his way into most Premier league teams and everyone gets excited- bit hypocritical...that said I would LOVE IT if he signs!!!

Reading his wiki though he's not been fit for quite a while now. Seems it's a part of the reason they let him go in regards to his crticising their medical staff.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Come on then, who has changed his Wikipedia entry to say he plays for us?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Makes me laugh - on another thread people are saying that Owen and Zamora are out of our league

the difference being that Owen signed for ManU already and Zamora has years left on his contract and wants a shout at playing for England (same for Owen though far less likly). added to this, the story is from a mainstream media source, not a bloke down the pub/NSC. still plenty of scope for it being bollocks of course, and some are being a little premature.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here