Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Confession time. Albion players you didn’t rate that highly

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Paul Dickov?
He was superb for us scoring 5 in 8 I think?

Absolutely. Thanks for saving me the bother of wracking my brains! Ultimately, I think it was an equaliser (cannot be bothered to check) but anyone remember a late goal at Orient in front of an insanely packed away terrace. Absolute carnage?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I confess to being a little underwhelmed when Schelotto made his debut against spurs :blush:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
ps you mean 'according to Wikipedia' :lolol:

Anyway, he's still a good pick because there was no clamour to keep him (I don't recall), and he did go on to better things (while we nearly went to the wall). More to the point, I didn't rate him (on the strength of the one apearance I saw from the confines of the South stand) so, in the context of this thread, that's all that matters.

That said, I did rate Barnes so wtf am I going on about? ???:hilton::wozza::mad:

My memory is pretty good so I didn’t even check wiki this time.
I have now though and I was on the money!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Absolutely. Thanks for saving me the bother of wracking my brains! Ultimately, I think it was an equaliser (cannot be bothered to check) but anyone remember a late goal at Orient in front of an insanely packed away terrace. Absolute carnage?

We lost both games v Orient in 94 cant be then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

My memory is legendary amongst my friends. I can recall events that happened to them 30 years ago that they have no recollection of at all.

Re the Albion though, I’ve got an excel spreadsheet of every match I’ve been to so that helps!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My memory is legendary amongst my friends. I can recall events that happened to them 30 years ago that they have no recollection of at all.

Re the Albion though, I’ve got an excel spreadsheet of every match I’ve been to so that helps!

Excel spreadsheet on an interest = a typical blokes thing.

Whilst women are more spontaneous and just nag for the day.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Excel spreadsheet on an interest = a typical blokes thing.

Whilst women are more spontaneous and just nag for the day.

It’s no coincidence that I struggled with finding a girlfriend in my teens and early twenties!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s no coincidence that I struggled with finding a girlfriend in my teens and early twenties!!

Excel hadn't been created when I was in my teens, so I can't use that as an excuse.

Later, I used to run a football transfers / squads cost spreadsheet with colleagues, but it got too unwieldy after many years, and it was abandoned.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Excel hadn't been created when I was in my teens, so I can't use that as an excuse.

Later, I used to run a football transfers / squads cost spreadsheet with colleagues, but it got too unwieldy after many years, and it was abandoned.

To be fair I didn’t start it on excel. I’ve got my original paper copy started in 1987 and converted it all to excel last year!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Stephen Dobbie was pretty **** for us and then helped Palace get promoted the same season.
David Rodriguez has an EXCELLENT scoring record in Spain. Did not look anything for us.
Danny Holla did not make the grade here but does the job in Holland.

I find it hard to believe that CKR played Champions League football and I did not expect Leo to get a PL winners medal.

Always loved Aye Aye Ashley. A 21-century Paul Dickov.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I know he was only here on loan, and may not have achieved 'greatness', but Stephen Ward is a solid, consistent, FB who delivers week on week. I always lumped him in with Andrews & Brezovan as a bit pony.
Decent player is Ward never thought he was Pony for us. Although he is proper shit at playing CB.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think this should be a regular feature on NSC. Start a thread with half a heading and finish it with a twist in the tail in the opening post. See how many get caught out (excluding BG who is likely to miss the point anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here