Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concorde on its way back

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good. I'd like to get the opportunity to fly in her one day!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
One of the few times man has moved forward with technology and then gone back.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Amazing piece of engineering for it's time.

Who else had the Airfix model proudly hanging from their bedroom ceiling as a nipper ?

The sound was all encompasing - I remember being on the M25 as it went to land at Heathrow and came RIGHT overhead us...shook the ruddy car :ohmy:

And then it's final passover in Borough 7 (?) years ago.. :(

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
cool, closest I ever got to it was when a client I was traveling with got upgraded onto it in New York whilst I didn't and stayed in economy on the regular plane back to London.....

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm sure at the time Virgin offered to buy the planes and keep them running them under their livery. From memory BA kicked up a stink as they wanted to preserve their place as Britons flagship carrier

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
buy didnt the company that made the parts say it was too expensive to maintain (probably strongarmed aby BA, at the time, to save some face..)

With only 100 seats and the price of fuel and maintainance they became totally unfeasible as anything other than a flagship. I think the Air France crash and terrorism threat (what a coup to blow up a Concorde) also had something to do with BA and AF bowing out.

Hope they can get one flying again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here