Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concerts

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone got any trips to concerts planned over the Summer, and if so, what/who are you going to see?

Just one this year for me, which is Kenny Chesney (hopefully supported by Brooks & Dunn) at Madison Square Garden in New York on August 30th.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Going to see the person who was in my avatar for ages this summer, JoJo :love: .

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You dont have an avatar!

None planned at the moment, will probably end up going to motion city soundtrack in June though

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
RM-Taylor said:
Going to see the person in my avatar this summer :love:.

Might just be me, but I can't actually see your avatar...

???

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Cardiff Calling in August.

Escape into the park - June 16th, Swansea. Anyone going??? It's only £35. But that Kate from Big Brother is doing a DJ set. :censored:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Twang, Brighton
The Great Escape, Brighton
The Pet Shop Boys, Brighton
The Who, Southampton
Ray Davis, Brighton,
Glastonbury, Glastonbury
The New Yong Pony Club, Brighton
The Rolling Stones, Hamburg.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ska-Kestra on May 25th. 20 piece Ska band. Part of the Fringe Festival.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Largely a retro theme this year, since that is all the nearest venue does.

Just seen Art Garfunkel. Not too shabby when you can finish a set with Bridge over Troubled Water, Cecilia and the Sound of Silence.

Next up, Keane in Toronto.

More retro stuff with Pat Benatar and then George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

Followed by the Saw Doctors doing a free concert in Lewiston, NY.

Still hoping to fit in a double header with Casting Crowns and Superchic[k] in August back down in New York State.

Normally manage at least a couple of gigs a week in good old Brighton, where there is something happening every day of the week.

Whilst we are on the subject of live music thought might as well plug my myspace gig guide, Brightonlivespace to anybody looking for live music. Possibly the most comprehensive listings site for the brighton scene. Plenty of links to most of the venues and if you want to trawl through the friends list you will find over 500 brighton/sussex based bands on there.

As for what I have lined up, well there is Furyon at Concorde tomorrow and the Great Escape later this week, and on a more mainstream note I'm really looking forward to the Manics at the Dome and Beautiful Days Festival in August.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
David Morales
Tiesto

Only have to the end of June planned out. Seen Paul van Dyk (three times), Oakenfold, and James Zabiela already this year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here