Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Computer games from the 1990s

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
This has inspired me to try installing an Atari ST emulator again, and I have just got Dungeon Master working!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Needless to say, I have a spreadsheet! Individually, nothing I have is worth a fortune but as a collection, it is probably worth a bit. ZX81s and Spectrums go for around £30, C64s between £50 and £100. BBC computers tend to be around £100. It is a collection I have built up over the last 10 years or so - often as fixer uppers - so I haven't spent too much on it.

Acorn Electron
Acorn Electron
Acorn BBC B
Amstrad CPC464
Amstrad CPC464
Atari 2600
Atari 2600
Binatone Pong
Binatone Pong
Commodore Vic 20 (S-Video Mod)
Commodore Commodore 64
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Vic 20 (Boxed)
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Commodore 64
Commodore Amiga 600
Commodore Plus/4
Commodore Commodore 64C (Boxed)
Commodore Commodore 64 (Boxed)
Commodore Commodore 16
Dragon Dragon 32
Mattel Aquarius
Mattel Intellevision
Nintendo NES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Gameboy Colour
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Philips Videopac
Philips CDi
Sega Master System
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Sega Megadrive
Sega Megadrive
Sega Gamegear
Sinclair Spectrum +
Sinclair Spectrum - Custom Case
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair ZX81
Sinclair Spectrum + 2 (Boxed)
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 2 Silver
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 3
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony PSP
Sony PSP
Toshiba HX-10 64K MSX

That kind of collection makes me happy in pants.

I collect for the N64 solely, but I do have a few more consoles that i've collected. Got a boxed original SNES that i'm considering flogging, but I don't know what the SNES market is like at the moment so not sure if it's a good time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I turned 12 in 1990. It was an Amiga for me, the best games were:

Microprose Formula 1 Grand Prix (Taking auto breaking off and having an indestructible car to take out the rest of the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim to win by default was my favourite)
Jaguar XJ220
Premier Manager 2 (Attendances dwindled and you kept getting sacked, couldn't get any other jobs and eventually had to start a new career I remember, you couldn't go on forever)
Sensible Soccer
Sensible World of Soccer (You only had a 20 year career and the close season took 10 minutes as it showed all the final tables from all the other leagues in the world)
Graham Gooch World Class Cricket

I got a PS1 and then a PS2 before giving up games. Brian Lara Cricket was my favourite PS1 game from the 1990s.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
218c0dbb3427d34a6b9d52a2ef47d41c.jpg

Superb!!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Premier Manager 2 (Attendances dwindled and you kept getting sacked, couldn't get any other jobs and eventually had to start a new career I remember, you couldn't go on forever)

It works for Alan Pardew

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That kind of collection makes me happy in pants.

I collect for the N64 solely, but I do have a few more consoles that i've collected. Got a boxed original SNES that i'm considering flogging, but I don't know what the SNES market is like at the moment so not sure if it's a good time.

Consoles never really been my thing and I have only added a lot of them recently. Seen a few boxed SNES is shops for around £100 from memory. I guess the market will be down at the moment with fewer people having money to spend but a couple of recent eBay visits shows silly money still.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Wasn't there a games shop in the old flea market, where the Komedia is called Jabba's Hut? Then there's was a games shop up Trafalgar Street?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Needless to say, I have a spreadsheet! Individually, nothing I have is worth a fortune but as a collection, it is probably worth a bit. ZX81s and Spectrums go for around £30, C64s between £50 and £100. BBC computers tend to be around £100. It is a collection I have built up over the last 10 years or so - often as fixer uppers - so I haven't spent too much on it.

Acorn Electron
Acorn Electron
Acorn BBC B
Amstrad CPC464
Amstrad CPC464
Atari 2600
Atari 2600
Binatone Pong
Binatone Pong
Commodore Vic 20 (S-Video Mod)
Commodore Commodore 64
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Vic 20 (Boxed)
Commodore Commodore 64C
Commodore Commodore 64
Commodore Amiga 600
Commodore Plus/4
Commodore Commodore 64C (Boxed)
Commodore Commodore 16
Dragon Dragon 32
Mattel Aquarius
Mattel Intellevision
Nintendo NES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo SNES
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Gameboy
Nintendo Gameboy Colour
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Nintendo Gameboy Advance
Philips Videopac
Philips CDi
Sega Master System
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Sega Megadrive
Sega Megadrive
Sega Gamegear
Sinclair Spectrum +
Sinclair Spectrum - Custom Case
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair Spectrum
Sinclair ZX81
Sinclair Spectrum + 2 (Boxed)
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 2 Silver
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 3
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation
Sony PSP
Sony PSP
Toshiba HX-10 64K MSX

Wot, no Jupiter Ace?!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wot, no Jupiter Ace?!

Much as I am a hoarder, I am a cheap hoarder! Would love a PET but no room or cost justification. Also an Atari 400 or 800 but they go for silly money

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Consoles never really been my thing and I have only added a lot of them recently. Seen a few boxed SNES is shops for around £100 from memory. I guess the market will be down at the moment with fewer people having money to spend but a couple of recent eBay visits shows silly money still.

eBay is still ridiculous for a range of N64 stuff sadly - games I've paid £10 (inc postage) before are now 2-3 times that, which has restricted the number I pick up. Sadly there just aren't many other places to find certain consoles/games as they just don't have the market saturation.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Microprose Formula 1 Grand Prix (Taking auto breaking off and having an indestructible car to take out the rest of the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim to win by default was my favourite)
Jaguar XJ220
Sensible Soccer
Sensible World of Soccer (You only had a 20 year career and the close season took 10 minutes as it showed all the final tables from all the other leagues in the world)
Graham Gooch World Class Cricket

I got a PS1 and then a PS2 before giving up games. Brian Lara Cricket was my favourite PS1 game from the 1990s.

I was 11 in 1990 and this is basically my childhood. All great games. I had a PC though as dad had one with work, my neighbour had an Amiga and I was jealous. When they got a mega drive and a SNES I basically moved in.

Remember the set wicket on graham gooch with a wide bouncer with massive inswing?

PGA tour golf was great. Lots of money changed hands in first year at uni.
Mario kart on SNES.
Micro machines
Best ps games were Brian Lara cricket and Jonah Lomu.
I liked building stuff in sim city 2000 and theme park
Also dune 2 was a precursor to command and conquer. You had to be harkonnen because they had the nukes.

Most overrated game was lemmings. A pile of crap people pretended to like.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
On my Amiga.
Bomberman
Rainbow Islands
Sensible Soccer, by far the best footy game at that time.
I also remember a horizontal scrolling shoot em up where you played as a wasp against various insects. No idea what it was called though.
And James Pond of course.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
On my Amiga.
I also remember a horizontal scrolling shoot em up where you played as a wasp against various insects. No idea what it was called though.

Good memory! Google turned up this video and having watched it I can remember it too (but not as an all time classic). It appears to be called Apidya.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here