Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Complete Outsider

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Duncan Ferguson

Extensive coaching experience in the EPL.

A huge character on the touchline and around the club in general.

A point to prove after exiting Goodison Park, albeit amicably?

Long term relationship with David Weir, our Head of Recruitment.

I know its a gamble, but then again Tony is a gambler, and IMHO a better option than Jones, Dyche or Parker.

Still would love Potch but maybe this is more financially viable?

What a silly suggestion

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Duncan Ferguson

Extensive coaching experience in the EPL.

A huge character on the touchline and around the club in general.

A point to prove after exiting Goodison Park, albeit amicably?

Long term relationship with David Weir, our Head of Recruitment.

I know its a gamble, but then again Tony is a gambler, and IMHO a better option than Jones, Dyche or Parker.

Still would love Potch but maybe this is more financially viable?

Started early today...

:drink:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually think Ferguson will become a decent manager.

But I can't see him fitting the bill with us.

We want continuity as far as is possible. It will and should be someone who has built a reputation on coordinated pressing, passing triangles, playing from the back and bringing through from the academy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I could’ve guessed which manager you were pitching for a month, and I still wouldn’t have thought of Duncan Ferguson.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
He would probably make a half decent League 2 manager , can see him putting fire in someone like Crawley`s belly , but not anything above Lower Championship .

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He could double up as pitch side security at the same time, save the club a few quid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably turned down several offers from CL clubs in order to stay with Everton :rolleyes:

He actually DID, didn't he?

Ancelotti wanted him to go with him to Real Madrid, and he turned down the offer - only to be ditched when the new manager arrived.

A little story that a few Brighton fans might think about, when casting Bruno as a money chasing Judas.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sod it, what about getting ALEX Ferguson onboard, too :dunce:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Leon Best, not a great player. But as manager surely worth consideration...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Ancelotti wanted him to go with him to Real Madrid, and he turned down the offer - only to be ditched when the new manager arrived.

A little story that a few Brighton fans might think about, when casting Bruno as a money chasing Judas.

Yep. Big Dunc might be out of work and struggling to find a new gig, but at least he's still regarded as a club LEGEND in the eyes of a load of needy and over-sensitive fans :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He would probably make a half decent League 2 manager , can see him putting fire in someone like Crawley`s belly , but not anything above Lower Championship .

Didn't he used to manage Peterborough?

EDIT: Sorry, got him confused with Darren Ferguson! :dunce: Let's get them both in!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Based on?

Just because he had a rudimentary playing style and has obvious touchline passion doesn't mean he's stupid. He speaks intelligently about the game. Everton were vastly improved in the short space of time he managed them.

He's widely respected but he would have to build his way up. To me, it's far from impossible he goes on to have a decent managerial career.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

The difference being that Tony Bloom would never have allowed a new coach/manager to have treated a club 'legend' like Bruno with such contempt - as a Brighton fan, Tony Bloom probably viewed Bruno with a similar level of reverence as those supports you're being a bit harsh on.

Says way more about the Everton board than it does Bruno... sadly.

Bruno has chased the money and (yes) laughably job security at Chelsea... It's so funny it hurts.

He's no Judas however, just another person who played (well) for the club. Consigned to history, which ended a bit limply - all by his own hand... his choice...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here