Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Complete Outsider

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The only role I'd have big Dunc in as would be some type of ' motivational enforcer '! I know I'd put in 100% if he was going to be on my case! :eek:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Duncan Ferguson. Christ on a bike. On the gin early Harty.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He actually DID, didn't he?

Ancelotti wanted him to go with him to Real Madrid, and he turned down the offer - only to be ditched when the new manager arrived.

A little story that a few Brighton fans might think about, when casting Bruno as a money chasing Judas.

That situation was a bit different though - many, and probably Duncan himself, thought he had a good chance of becoming their next permanent manager. Bruno might not have felt that way in Brighton - more probable that we would have been offered to work under another manager.

The difference being that Tony Bloom would never have allowed a new coach/manager to have treated a club 'legend' like Bruno with such contempt - as a Brighton fan, Tony Bloom probably viewed Bruno with a similar level of reverence as those supports you're being a bit harsh on.

Says way more about the Everton board than it does Bruno... sadly.

Bruno has chased the money and (yes) laughably job security at Chelsea... It's so funny it hurts.

He's no Judas however, just another person who played (well) for the club. Consigned to history, which ended a bit limply - all by his own hand... his choice...

I'm guessing Tony Bloom is not a complete amateur and the reason why Bruno got a role in the staff in 2019 was due to his qualities and personality rather than some favour offered to a fan favorite. If sending Bruno on a one-way ticket to Kazakhstan would have been the best choice for Brighton & Hove Albion, that would probably have been the solution Tony would have gone with. If he was making staffing & football decisions with his heart rather than his brain, the club would not be where it is today.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
That situation was a bit different though - many, and probably Duncan himself, thought he had a good chance of becoming their next permanent manager. Bruno might not have felt that way in Brighton - more probable that we would have been offered to work under another manager.

I'm guessing Tony Bloom is not a complete amateur and the reason why Bruno got a role in the staff in 2019 was due to his qualities and personality rather than some favour offered to a fan favorite. If sending Bruno on a one-way ticket to Kazakhstan would have been the best choice for Brighton & Hove Albion, that would probably have been the solution Tony would have gone with. If he was making staffing & football decisions with his heart rather than his brain, the club would not be where it is today.

I don't disagree with any of that, not sure why you've posted that as a response to be honest with you... Obviously (yes) TB offered Bruno the chance to remain at the club as his skillset was required and (I'm guessing) his potential as a coach was substantive - it was a business decision, undoubtedly.

However, it was a happy coincidence that Bruno was a firm favourite with our fans new and old alike. With all of that in mind there is very little chance TB would have allowed a new coach to ditch Bruno (had he chosen to stay), unless they were utterly brilliant and TB felt it necessary to 'sack' Bruno... unlikely at best.

I say again, Bruno made the choice ... money, working with elite level players (yes) and job security (can't help chuckling when I type that) at Chelsea... Obviously if he's sacked after a year or so... he'll still be wealthy enough I guess, but to argue that Bruno would have been out next week, if he'd stayed, is frankly stretching credulity slightly.

That was my point and I make it again and will continue to make it as (maybe) the wheels fall off at Chelsea... sooner or later.

Clearly I'm not in the burn the witch brigade, but I'm still not convinced any of them have made the best/sustainable career move... Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here