[Albion] Competition: 5 pairs of tickets to the Albion Roar LIVE - Thur. 3/12

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Top work tonight by all concerned. Paul and Nick talk as well as they write, and Ade and Al held the format together really well. Phil's Shirt Of The Week was wondrously obscure, even by his own ludicrous standards! Didn't hang around for the Q&A session after the interval and I suspect my intended question :"Is Tyson Fury a cock?" would have been edited out anyway, but would highly recommend anybody with access to the show to give it a listen. Oh and what a splendid venue the Rialto is, with a large and comfy lounge and well-stocked bar downstairs and a decent sized performance area upstairs. And cheers to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for the ticket. Nice one!

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There was a question about Tyson fury. Not quite so eloquently phrased. Likewise thanks bozza for the ticket and to the panel for a great evening in a lovely theatre

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wish I'd been able to go but looking forward to the podcast. Big fan of both journalists, was the icing on the cake when found out BHA fans many moons ago.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Top night out. Paul and Nick were great value and the show was ably run by Ady and Al. Really enjoyed Paul Hayward letting rip on FIFA, very informative and entertaining

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Indeed.

Thanks to everyone who came along, to the staff at the Rialto for their assistance, and of course to Nick Szczepanik and Paul Hayward - two guys clearly at the top of their field - talking about their love for the Albion, their thoughts on Chris Hughton, the current Albion squad, FIFA (PH really let rip here), FFP, the IAAF, doping, their respective cancer treatments and much more.

Also, thanks to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for his support in allowing some NSCers to come along. It was a sell-out audience who asked some great questions at the end.

To be broadcast on Radio Reverb 97.2FM on Boxing Day, with the podcast for the first and second halves of the show up soon afterwards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Top work tonight by all concerned. Paul and Nick talk as well as they write, and Ade and Al held the format together really well. Phil's Shirt Of The Week was wondrously obscure, even by his own ludicrous standards! Didn't hang around for the Q&A session after the interval and I suspect my intended question :"Is Tyson Fury a cock?" would have been edited out anyway, but would highly recommend anybody with access to the show to give it a listen. Oh and what a splendid venue the Rialto is, with a large and comfy lounge and well-stocked bar downstairs and a decent sized performance area upstairs. And cheers to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for the ticket. Nice one!

There was a question about Tyson fury. Not quite so eloquently phrased. Likewise thanks bozza for the ticket and to the panel for a great evening in a lovely theatre

I asked that. Was on my fourth pint of Inn Keeper by then so you were lucky it made sense at all :p

Just like to echo what a great night it was. Paul and Nick are fantastic value.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Outstanding stuff. Also disappointed I couldn't make it, but happy to help in a small way and both looking forward to listening to it and trying to attend the next one.

I know you chaps have mulled doing something like this for a while, so I'm pleased you did and that it worked out so well.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You know, you're right. I'd never really considered Pilates before. Where do you go, Dave?

Hi sully. I was referred by the wilboughry clinic in hove to a physio...she recommended a consultant who said..Pilates simples ( after having the jabs in the base of my spine which was the most painful thing ever and didn't fecking work). Anyway joined the virgin gym and have three classes, Tuesday eve 8:30 for an hour which is really difficult, Thursday night at 8 wich is more Alan's laying on your back and stretching, but bloody hard and Saturday lunchtimes at 12:30 if I can get there after golf, but the same guy on Thursday and again is really hard work.

It has helped me and everyone I know who have tried it. It's really worth the effort and pays off!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
To be broadcast on Radio Reverb 97.2FM on Boxing Day, with the podcast for the first and second halves of the show up soon afterwards.

Actually, part one is up as a podcast now on iTunes and at www.albionroar.co.uk

It's a bit quiet in parts, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Parts one and two are now available as a podcast on iTunes and at http://albionroar.co.uk/recent-shows.php

Paul Hayward's lets rip on FIFA and the FA, and his disdain for sports governing bodies generally, plus both he and Nick talk about their respective battles with cancer (or rather, cancer's battle with them). Nick Szczepanik, meanwhile, tries to be diplomatic about Portsmouth FC.

The show was recorded on 3 December, so some things have moved on. Like, we've started losing...

RoarLive.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports