Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Companies you hate, and will avoid using/buying from if you possibly can

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Another Apple hater here.

All through my career there's been challenges getting Apple products to connect to industry standard systems - Novell, Windows, Linux, VAX VMX, Unix - you name it, it's always Apple products that create the issues.

In the modern day - Apple are the only manufacturer who's products can't be charged with a generic USB C charger. Why ? Because they want to be seen as different and hip. Don't get me started on the headphone socket !!! Thank god the EU is dealing with it - there's a few on here who would never have expected to see me type those words :lol:

As for customer service - Mrs WS always insisted on me helping her with issues she was having with her iPhone ( she's given up now because it always ends in a argument of "Well you work in IT" with my retort "And I told you not to buy this crap" ). Anyway, once I agreed to take it to the Apple shop for her. You had to make a f***ing appointment !!!! Really ?? Then sit on a bench for 45 minutes plus with other Apple owning wankers until your number came up. NEVER again. In fairness they fixed it in ten minutes.

So for me - Apple, Apple, Apple all day long.
I used to be very anti-apple but got fed up with windows being slow and turning on the fans like billyo that I’ve swapped to MacBooks and haven’t looked back.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Any company that has the word “solutions” in their name.
This is on my long list of pet hates, I did think it was only me that would not use any company with the word “solutions” in their name.
When I see a tatty looking Transit van with something like “Ron’s Plastering Solutions” on the side, I just smile, shake my head and think why? :facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Apple - quality control appalling, had four products all totally borked after a year but before 18 months (and don't get me started on iTunes, the world's worst piece of software)

Wetherspoons - not so much for Brexit but for the way he treated his staff in lockdown
Starbucks - coffee (and I use the word loosely) is foul and appalling behaviour to employees
Vodafone - used them and screwed up my account so many times, I left them: gutted to see they're joining 3

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Coffee chains. Out for a coffee I'll always go to a small independant rather than any of the multi nationals.
Fish & Chips from a local chippy rather than burger or chicken franchise.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apple - quality control appalling, had four products all totally borked after a year but before 18 months (and don't get me started on iTunes, the world's worst piece of software)

:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TalkTalk and Wetherspoons

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Russia PLC.
Oh, and Dyson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barclays have been appalling. Anyone with a business account will have stories about their recent drive to update business info. It was truly appaling, and at times baffling what they were asking me to do.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Ha ha. I am currently in “discussions” with them as they have lost part of my sofa.
They put a big vintage glass carbuoy down on the patio with a crack and then walked away but I was close enough to hear and called him back to look and yes it had broken, a 100 year old item. Next another dropped a box on leaving the truck, shook it said that's ok (!!) I said I want to look in there there was a bust of David broken at the neck and a smashed nose. They fixed the neck but he still has a broken nose. I complained to the leader and one of them gobbed on my girlfriends car when leaving!!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Barclays have been appalling. Anyone with a business account will have stories about their recent drive to update business info. It was truly appaling, and at times baffling what they were asking me to do.
Having the same experience amid constant emails an texts threatening to close our accounts unless we provide information that we already have several times. Seriously thinking of moving banks but the inevitable hassle factor is the concern

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wetherspoons - not so much for Brexit but for the way he treated his staff in lockdown
He treated his staff badly before lockdown. He had beer mats printed with Brexit propaganda and threatened to sack any employee who refused to,put them out.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Samsung - many Apple haters on this thread but they should really look at the competitors (for which they no doubt own a product).
Amazon - no explanation needed.
Costa - just awful coffee, Starbucks is decent coffee so I'm not sure why that's getting hate above Costa which serves warm piss.

Also, any company where I can't find a direct line of contact (email, phone or live chat without AI responses) within 10 seconds flat on their website.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having the same experience amid constant emails a texts threatening to close our accounts unless we provide information that we already have several times. Seriously thinking of moving banks but the inevitable hassle factor is the concern
Exactly the same here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here