Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Companies you hate, and will avoid using/buying from if you possibly can

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Subway, the ingredients all look proper skanky in the little pots, just horrible.
Their outlets always smell of synthetic oregano as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ASDA

Discriminatory rewards system, deliberately excluding those who can't or don't use smart phones. They gave me, as a vulnerable person, free deliveries through lockdown, but now f*** 'em - I've switched to Tesco. Serves 'em right.
Better (clubcard) prices, and frequently quality too. No going back, unless ASDA stop discriminating.
Deliberately?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ASDA

Discriminatory rewards system, deliberately excluding those who can't or don't use smart phones. They gave me, as a vulnerable person, free deliveries through lockdown, but now f*** 'em - I've switched to Tesco. Serves 'em right.
Better (clubcard) prices, and frequently quality too. No going back, unless ASDA stop discriminating.
Confusing, my wife who is useless with a smart phone telephones them for repeat prescriptions and they sort it and are always very pleasant and helpful too. Far easier than me dropping off a prescription at the surgery or trying to actually get through to the surgery on the phone to be greeted by surliness :smile:

What is it they do that pisses you off so much? Is it that you need an app for points? Is that all?

In truth I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than go to the Tesco superstore in Durrington. I have an intense dislike of that store for some reason.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Confusing, my wife who is useless with a smart phone telephones them for repeat prescriptions and they sort it. Far easier than me dropping off a prescription at the surgery or trying to actually get through to the surgery on the phone to be greeted by surliness :smile:

What is it they do that pisses you off so much? Is it that you need an app for points? Is that all?
Yep - they introduced a super-dooper shiny new reward scheme - but if you haven't got a smart phone, f*** off, you can't join.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep - they introduced a super-dooper shiny new reward scheme - but if you haven't got a smart phone, f*** off, you can't join.
Fair enough, the idea of not having a smart phone is as scary as not having the internet to me though :shrug:

I did revert to an old Nokia a few years ago but the hassle texting and not being able to whatsapp made me revert back quite quickly

Dyed in the wool Apple fanboy here

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
NatWest - they refused me a bank card when I was a student, no idea why. Have banked with Lloyds ever since.
I had this with Nationwide, bloody idiots. Went to HSBC and have been there ever since.

Though I do have a Nationwide mortgage so that probably makes me an idiot too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
DPD (and their chat bot customer service)
Parcel Force (and their chat bot customer service)
Hermes/Evri (and their chat bot customer service)
Yodel (and their chat bot customer service)
Royal Mail (and their chat bot customer service)
UPS (and their chat bot customer service)

They have all caused me stress and various meltdowns over the years with missing/delayed/damaged/sent to wrong address parcels and fragile parcels chucked over gates or left in recycling bins but their chat bot customer services are effin infuriating 😡 (and it takes a lot to make me effin infuriated!)
You missed DHL - they lost my father's day present (fresh cake, from all but 6 miles away) and couldn't find our house.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lipton tea - Australians don't seem to realise it tastes like shit.
Starbucks - no one seems to realise it tastes like shit.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Another one for Wetherspoons….although I’ll admit I’m not going thirsty.
Last night as an example, coming back from the rounders at West Ham, changing at Farringdon and gasping, only a spoons in sight, heading that way, but at the death spotted another pub not as near, not as convenient nor as cheap however the beer tasted a lot better for it

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Esri- 10 o'clock Saturday checked my emails, no news on when anything due to be delivered. 11.30( an hour after I've left and 7 hours before I get home) I'm emailed a nice photograph of my new trainers and eco toilet rolls outside my front door. Lucky I live in an area that is both quiet and full of nosy neighbours

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Focus DIY #neverforget

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here