Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Companies/brands you remember that no longer exist

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're still around, but don't do the Premiership, so you'll only spot them every couple of years when the Europeans or World Cups come round.

I remember the Mexico 86 ones very well, they were 12p a packet, and started many a playground fight over swaps:lolol:

Still not as funny to my nine year old mind as the fact that South Korea featured a player named Cha Bum-Kun.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This shithouse channel got replaced by Virgin 1, another shithouse channel

ftn.jpg

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Never see these little beauties on the roads anymore

800px-Austin_Metro_Auto_1983.jpg

Or these dad boys

Ford_Sierra_XR4i_front.JPG

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Garbage Pail Kids stickers :clap:

008bomb.jpg
014potty.jpg
067lisa.jpg

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I'm trying to do a virtual walk along Western Road in the 80's. This is first I can remember that is no more.
I vaguely remember a large shop in Western Road called Wades - I think it was occupied later by Virgin.

On the brand front I remember as a kid buying a disgusting and sticky drink called Cresta which was advertised by some uber-cool polar bear with shades on - "it's frothy man"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
wasnt the reason they got rid of that because of the film?

Enlighten me?

I know a lot of schools banned the stickers, fearing their kids would be corrupted by them :rolleyes: While the company also got sued by the makers of the Cabbage Patch Dolls.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oooh, Global Hypercolor t-shirts.

The only real "hyper colour" being when you accidentally washed them at the wrong temperature and their magical colour changing abilities were lost forever.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I vaguely remember a large shop in Western Road called Wades - I think it was occupied later by Virgin.

There was - a big department store in the Vokins/Hannington's mould. I think it became C&A.

Anyone remember Meakers the outfitters by the arcade. It was a real "Suits you Sir" type of place.

What I can't remember is what was in Churchill Square before it became Churchill Square.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• british_leyland_logo_art.jpg
    british_leyland_logo_art.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 1981-thames-lwt_0002.jpg
    1981-thames-lwt_0002.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 190
  • PlayersNo6.jpg
    PlayersNo6.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 208
  • VA0309.jpg
    VA0309.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 189

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Only in Watney's pubs, where it competed with the vile Red Barrel or Special. Bass Charrington's fizzy bitter was Toby, Allied Breweries had Ind Coope and the aforementioned Double Diamond and Courage had "JC". I can't remember what Whitbread's was - it was probably something so foul, that my brain has rejected the memory. And those companies had something like 90 percent of all English pubs between them.

It was very hard to get a decent pint in Brighton in those days: the only places that stocked Harveys that I can recall were the Nelson, the Mitre, Nobles (now Maria Fitzherbert's) and the Swan at Falmer.

Whitbread Tankard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here