Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commentator cock ups

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
An old favourite of mine was from Dan Maskell at Wimbledon. After a rain delay, the courts were still quite slippery and Maskell said "If you look closely you can see John Lloyd's skidmarks!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember watching the London marathon a few years back and Hazel Irvine, who presumambly didn't realise her mic was on, said 'for god's sake I'm only a bloody presenter', but I never heard mention of it again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought that was from Euro 96? Baddiel & Skinner showed it on Fantasy Football a day or two later.
They put it in their song (presumably the 98 release) and video.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I know there have been many like the famous Ted Lowe if your watching in black and white the pink is next to the blue.

Yesterday on Radio Sussex the match Havant & Waterlloville vs Eastbourne the chap doing the commentary said Havant are in their blue and white horizontal stripes like QPR and Eastbourne are in all Red except their shorts which are black. I am sure that is what he said, why not Red shirts and socks and black shorts.

A cock ups go that is possibly the most tedious example of one ever. No trace of humour or innudendo just a slightly strange way of saying it. It's no "There's Neil Harvey standing at leg slip with his legs wide apart, waiting for a tickle"

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Why dio all football match radio commentators (including SCR) tell you that (say) Brighton are playing from left to right from the viewpoint of the commentator?

Am I supposed to cheer or boo into one speaker rather than the other?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why dio all football match radio commentators (including SCR) tell you that (say) Brighton are playing from left to right from the viewpoint of the commentator?

Am I supposed to cheer or boo into one speaker rather than the other?

Its very annoying as you picture the game on the pitch and the commentary are watching it from a different angle :rant:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here