Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Commentary: BBC v Sky

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Sky commentary in our recent fixtures has been so poor, generally the analysis of experts such as Alan Smith has been ill thought or bias.

What a refreshing change the BBC commentary pair are today. A lot more research and a lot less bias.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The BBC does live sport better than anyone else. That's just a fact. Doesn't matter what sport it is either.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Danny Murphy is very good at this, well educated, honest

Does seem to be one of the most unbiased commentators I hear nowadays even when it’s a ex team of his.
I’m not giving the sky commentators any credit but I find bt to be even worse personally

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It made me laugh when they both went 'Ooh that was nice.' at Gross' Cruyff turn, when all of us were thinking standard.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For the first time in a while the radio commentary was in sync with the TV (no Sky few seconds delay) so started with radio and TV turned down. Had to turn back to TV because Warren and JC sounded awful. Not their fault, just no atmosphere and they need a crowd to get them upping their voices.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It made me laugh when they both went 'Ooh that was nice.' at Gross' Cruyff turn, when all of us were thinking standard.

Both my son and I called "Johan" about a second before he did it! ha ha

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Couldn't believe Smith when we played Leicester, kept on about Leicester's injuries and we hadn't suffered. What about 3 of our starting back 5 March, Lamptey and Webster. But then what do you expect for an old Leicester player..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Sky commentary in our recent fixtures has been so poor, generally the analysis of experts such as Alan Smith has been ill thought or bias.

What a refreshing change the BBC commentary pair are today. A lot more research and a lot less bias.

To be fair the BBC do have about a month between games to do their research rather than cramming the night before.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They seemed surprised that it was an entertaining game. Even making a joke that the viewers won't be expecting that. All tongue in cheek and I wasn't offended.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So much better than the dick on Sky (or is it BT?) who intersperses his commentary with tooth-pullingly excruciating 'facts' and inane platitudes.

'A good cross from Brighton. That's the 167th successful pass Brighton have made in a first half since the start of the restrictions that have sadly kept the fans out of the stadiums. And we all just want things to return to normal. Once again the pass has come to nothing. That's the 127th time a pass from Brighton has come to nothing in the first or second half since the last time they scored more than two goals from open play in a premier league game. And that was against next week's opponents Newcastle. And that's a record they could happily do without. I think they are sorely missing Adam Lallana, athough he recently scored his first goals since November 2019'

And on and ****ing on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here