Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comic Relief Shirts - eBay Auction

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As you may have heard/read, the club are auctioning shirts bearing a specially embroidered red nose, and that each winning bidder can have custom autographed by the player in question. This doesn't seem to just cover those who played any part on Saturday, but also the likes of Frutos, Elphick, Hart etc...

I took a look at the auction this morning (bearing in mind that bidding for each of the shirts started from £40), and noticed that one shirt was a country mile ahead of all the others in terms of the price it has reached so far (auctions finish Friday afternoon).

It's not Bas Savage's shirt (£77), Jake Robinson's (£67) or Dean Cox's (£67). The current leading shirt, at a price of £156.23 is Kerry Mayo's, which leads me to think that either:

- The other Kerry is having a sneaky bid.
- KM has an obsessive stalker.
- Someone is making fraudulent bids.

I hope it's not Option 3, being as it's for charity and all, but it seems weird that the shirt of someone who didn't even partake in the game should seemingly be worth that much more than anyone else's (Savage's is the next highest price).

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Frutos said:

It's not Bas Savage's shirt (£77), Jake Robinson's (£67) or Dean Cox's (£67). The current leading shirt, at a price of £156.23 is Kerry Mayo's, which leads me to think that either:

- The other Kerry is having a sneaky bid.
- KM has an obsessive stalker.
- Someone is making fraudulent bids.

I hope it's not Option 3, being as it's for charity and all, but it seems weird that the shirt of someone who didn't even partake in the game should seemingly be worth that much more than anyone else's (Savage's is the next highest price).

I can assure you that its not number 3 (unlike the shirt number) or number 1. Number 2 is closer to the mark, but the bid is genuine!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Re: Comic Relief Shirts - eBay Auction

Mr Blobby said:
I can assure you that its not number 3 (unlike the shirt number) or number 1. Number 2 is closer to the mark, but the bid is genuine!

Good to hear it, the more money they make for charity the better.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seagullible said:
Would love to have one of those shirts but don't have the money :(

There are a couple I'd like, and I'm thinking of making a bid.

It is all for charity, after all.

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
This particular stalker is rather upset, I wanted that shirt :down:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Hmmm just a ponder......But weren't they meant to be wearing these shirts on Sat ???

Ive just looked at the photos & the shirts appear to be noseless!!!!!

Im smelling something here ( pun intended)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fourteenth Eye said:
Hmmm just a ponder......But weren't they meant to be wearing these shirts on Sat ???

Ive just looked at the photos & the shirts appear to be noseless!!!!!

Im smelling something here ( pun intended)

Very good point.

Having read the section on the club website again though, and having taken another look at the individual auctions, there's no mention of any of the items actually having been gameworn, although I did think the whole point of it was that they would be worn during the game (there's no doubt that the shirts shown in the pictures on the club site are indeed totally noseless).

I'm now thinking that I (and maybe others) must have misinterpreted something when reading about it, and they are in fact just one-off edition shirts which will be signed by each player as appropriate.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Soem intersting bids at the moment - lets hope they raise loads of dosh for comic relief!

Mayo £156.53
Hammond £155
Savage £112
Butters £102
Hart £97
Ward £87
Robinson £77
Lynch £77
Kuipers £72
Cox £72
Revell £70
El-Abd £69.69
Bertin £65
Gatting £60
Frutos £47
Elder £46
Elphick £40
Rents £40
Fraser £40
Bakayogo £40
Sullivan £40

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mr Blobby said:
Soem intersting bids at the moment - lets hope they raise loads of dosh for comic relief!

Mayo £156.53
Hammond £155
Savage £112
Butters £102
Hart £97
Ward £87
Robinson £77
Lynch £77
Kuipers £72
Cox £72
Revell £70
El-Abd £69.69
Bertin £65
Gatting £60
Frutos £47
Elder £46
Elphick £40
Rents £40
Fraser £40
Bakayogo £40
Sullivan £40

No Flinders.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Frutos said:
Very good point.

Having read the section on the club website again though, and having taken another look at the individual auctions, there's no mention of any of the items actually having been gameworn, although I did think the whole point of it was that they would be worn during the game (there's no doubt that the shirts shown in the pictures on the club site are indeed totally noseless).

I'm now thinking that I (and maybe others) must have misinterpreted something when reading about it, and they are in fact just one-off edition shirts which will be signed by each player as appropriate.

They were going to be worn on saturday but either the league or FA wouldn't allow it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
superwife said:
This particular stalker is rather upset, I wanted that shirt :down:

For that price you're not getting it. Maybe he'll pop into hostility on Sat when we are match ball sponsors, perhaps he'll let you have his red nose socks!

superwife

Aug 13, 2003
With Superphil
MYOB said:
Typo or Freudian?

I had hoped it was hospitality, but if he doesn't love me enough to bid more on Kerry's shirt - who knows :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here