Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comfort food during a particularly Cr*p Winter.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Jacket potato, sausages, baked beans and cheese with Lea & Perrins on top! Glass of ale. Mmmm.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Tartiflette - sliced potato, strong cheese, ham and white wine with lots of butter. Serve with chunks of rye bread and Leffe.

or Slow roasted shoulder of lamb with Sussex drip pudding.

Though I do agree with Mac'n'cheese as well.
And I recommend bacon suet pudding.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Beef burgers, mash, gravy, peas.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As a variation on the macaroni cheese front, add some Dijon mustard, grated Parmesan (as well as the cheddar)and a drop of Tabasco to the cheese sauce and either add crispy bacon or thin slithers of crisply fried chorizo or both and a few sliced tomatoes before putting in the oven to bake. Accompany with some fresh crispy bread and wash it all down with a glass or several of decent red wine.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Angel Delight. God knows why, I've never really liked it at any point in my life until the last few months, but now I'm doing a sachet pretty much every single day. Chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch, banana - whatever I can get my hands on I'll demolish in a couple of minutes. It's not even slightly wintry - or particularly nice for that matter. But that doesn't stop me driving to Asda at 11pm if I've run out.

Still, I've never done drugs or smoked and I only drink once every three or four weeks, so it all balances out.

Mrs MP recommends putting Maltesers into the mix just before the setting point.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
steak-and-kidney-pudding_A0.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Angel Delight. God knows why, I've never really liked it at any point in my life until the last few months, but now I'm doing a sachet pretty much every single day. Chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch, banana - whatever I can get my hands on I'll demolish in a couple of minutes. It's not even slightly wintry - or particularly nice for that matter. But that doesn't stop me driving to Asda at 11pm if I've run out.

Still, I've never done drugs or smoked and I only drink once every three or four weeks, so it all balances out.

I was only wondering the other day if they still made Angel Delight, one of my favourite childhood memories - particularly remember butterscotch or strawberry were fab. As it seems it is still there, I'm a little concerned to try it again for fear of ruining my memories and it not being what I remember. Guess I'll go for it when I remember to look for it in sainsburys.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Home made, with decent cheddar, a bit of cayenne & black pepper for a kick, and some crusty bread.

I'm hungry just thinking about that.

A good call - if you like that try this version : instead of the cayenne put some english mustard in the cheese sauce and add cooked cauliflower florets and crisp bacon lardons to the dish. Make the cheese sauce with cheddar and Parmesan cheese but top with a stringy type cheese when you put it under the grill.

They still make Angel Delight, and sell it in most supermarkets.

In the olden days there used to be something called "Instant Whip" (stop tittering at the back) which also came in butterscotch or strawberry flavour - I think Angel Delight is the upgraded variant.

Do like that pic of the steak and mushrool pud a few posts back.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another vote for macaroni cheese. We just add wholegrain mustard to the mix. Simple, yet bootiful.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Tartiflette - sliced potato, strong cheese, ham and white wine with lots of butter. Serve with chunks of rye bread and Leffe.

or Slow roasted shoulder of lamb with Sussex drip pudding.

Though I do agree with Mac'n'cheese as well.
And I recommend bacon suet pudding.

Mmmmm tartiflette
Something else to add bacon roll (or pudding in some circles).

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Yum, a golden syrup sponge pudding.
I must have a sweet tooth, as that ticks all the boxes for me - whereas almost everyone else opting for savoury food.

Most sweet deserts and puddings count as comfort food. Homemade crumble with fresh custard, or homemade Bakewelltarts with custard and lashings of whipped or clotted cream. Wowsers!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here