Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Comedic ramblings from SE25!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What a bunch of pricks. The constant jibe about Brighton being full of premiership fans makes me laugh too. I've been to Croydon many times and no one admits to being Palace fans, they are Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal, with a smattering of West Ham.

You only have to look at the attendance figures relative to us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The argument starts and ends with;

Goal music
A drum
Half time bird show
Call and Response with the announcer of the goal scorers name
Have been going since 2010 - have no history.

Joke of a club that are patted on the head by the Prem.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think it's quite sweet that a massive club like Palace should give us a second thought. I assumed that now they had a new rival?

From my perspective as Brighton fan, I can only dream of watching a club at a stadium as superb as Selhurst Park and watching the players run out to a hairs-on-the-back-of-your-neck anthem from the Dave Clarke Five.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wow, despite their brilliant season, they're really scared and stressed out over our good start and the possibility that we might get promoted - and this is after only 18 games out of 46!

The fact that most don't want us to ever get promoted to the Premier League indicates how much potential they see in us. And even they probably have to wrestle with the uncomfortable fact that, with 3 out of 24 clubs getting promoted every year, law of averages says that it's an inevitability at some point over the next 5-10 years.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wow, despite their brilliant season, they're really scared and stressed out over our good start and the possibility that we might get promoted - and this is after only 18 games out of 46!

The fact that most don't want us to ever get promoted to the Premier League indicates how much potential they see in us. And even they probably have to wrestle with the uncomfortable fact that, with 3 out of 24 clubs getting promoted every year, law of averages says that it's an inevitability at some point over the next 5-10 years.

Yes, it could be a deep fear we'll surpass them. And then they'll have to reflect on all their gloating. Not a good place to be in.

They are certainly not 'established' in the PL, much as their spin doctors on here like to tell us. All it will take is one bad season - a couple of poor strategic decisions - and the Selhurst house of sand will crumble.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Yes, it could be a deep fear we'll surpass them. And then they'll have to reflect on all their gloating. Not a good place to be in.

They are certainly not 'established' in the PL, much as their spin doctors on here like to tell us. All it will take is one bad season - a couple of poor strategic decisions - and the Selhurst house of sand will crumble.

I bet they wish it was made of sand! Would certainly make the Arthur Tw@t stand more stable!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope, let them carry on over there. While we are at it maybe a few resident Palace here can **** off back there as well. AND STAY THERE.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Every fibre of my being wishes them nothing but unhappiness and misery"

And a very Merry Christmas to you!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What a bunch of pricks. The constant jibe about Brighton being full of premiership fans makes me laugh too. I've been to Croydon many times and no one admits to being Palace fans, they are Chelsea, Tottenham and Arsenal, with a smattering of West Ham.

You only have to look at the attendance figures relative to us.

The 2nd team stuff does get on my nerves and gets mentioned to me alot!

I know countless people who attend palace matches who don't see them as their first team, people who are joining their mates ect, i often see people commenting on facebook or talking about palace who I know support or have supported other teams. In fact one of the biggest palace fans i know who follows them home and away was a Man United fan all through secondary school.

The fact is we both support unfashionable and in the grand scheme of football, unsuccessful teams so it goes without saying they'll be the odd chelsea fan in group of mates at the games or that a die hard palace/albion mum or dad will be taking a child to the game who cares more for a team 200 miles away in Manchester because his friends do! That's the reality of football outside of the regular Premiership teams and anyone that thinks differently is deluded!

We've managed to fill our ground well beyond the expectations of other fans and our rivals and palace in particular like to question where all the fans have come from but it's worth remembering they have aspirations of expanding SP to 40k thats 15k over what they get now and 25k over what they were getting in the 2nd tier, are they going to fill it with die hard palace fans? I suspect not!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I know countless people who attend palace matches who don't see them as their first team, people who are joining their mates ect, i often see people commenting on facebook or talking about palace who I know support or have supported other teams. In fact one of the biggest palace fans i know who follows them home and away was a Man United fan all through secondary school.

The fact is we both support unfashionable and in the grand scheme of football, unsuccessful teams so it goes without saying they'll be the odd chelsea fan in group of mates at the games or that a die hard palace/albion mum or dad will be taking a child to the game who cares more for a team 200 miles away in Manchester because his friends do! That's the reality of football outside of the regular Premiership teams and anyone that thinks differently is deluded!

We've managed to fill our ground well beyond the expectations of other fans and our rivals and palace in particular like to question where all the fans have come from but it's worth remembering they have aspirations of expanding SP to 40k thats 15k over what they get now and 25k over what they were getting in the 2nd tier, are they going to fill it with die hard palace fans? I suspect not!

The fact that their average attendance during Championship seasons was consistently around the 15K mark seems to be conveniently forgotten. By their own standards, that makes 40% of their support 'plastic'.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

It is rather amusing isn't it?

One of the most 'die hard' Palace fans I know has completely forgotten the fact that he was Arsenal all through his teens and even came and supported us at the playoff final in Cardiff. Every now and then I remind him of the picture I have of him in a Brighton shirt with his hair sprayed blue and white whilst carrying Paul Reids Boot after the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here