Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Come see Dick Swiveller make a dick of himself and then talk about change to BBC Homepage

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is the world ending or has their upgrade gone a bit wrong? No sleep for anyone.

weather.PNG

Edit - I am a complete moron. It somehow decided my home location was Havana. As you were!

New website is a bit pony though. No idea what Reel is but I'd prefer a shortcut to weather rather than Reel or Worklife

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have 3 different weather apps on my phone as I work outside and weather makes a difference. Regularly each one shows different weather and none are that accurate tbh. Even the Met Office one is pants.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was just about to ask if you were in Miami :D

With the weird Sky News copy with their new studio and main links called Reel, Worklife and Culture, it seems like they are playing into their critics' hands by deciding I live in a communist paradise. Dorries will be wetting herself with excitement!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

View attachment 148932

Edit - I am a complete moron. It somehow decided my home location was Havana. As you were!

New website is a bit pony though. No idea what Reel is but I'd prefer a shortcut to weather rather than Reel or Worklife

Has the website changed ? Looks same as it ever was for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655613

I look at it every day but have decided proximity to the sea renders all weather forecasts a bit hit and miss. Presumably similar applies down your way (and in Havana).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Has the website changed ? Looks same as it ever was for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655613

I look at it every day but have decided proximity to the sea renders all weather forecasts a bit hit and miss. Presumably similar applies down your way (and in Havana).

Not the weather page but the home page. I saw a new home page, had to hunt for the weather page, saw weird numbers, jumped to conclusions and made a dick of myself.. Don't know where Havana came from but hey. But the homepage seems a bit odd.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Title changed appropriately. Let the rotten fruit throwing commence.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not the weather page but the home page. I saw a new home page, had to hunt for the weather page, saw weird numbers, jumped to conclusions and made a dick of myself.. Don't know where Havana came from but hey. But the homepage seems a bit odd.

my latest updates have changed all the BBC apps, News, Weather, Sport. It appears to be a change because there was nothing wrong with the old look, and everyone knew where everything was so to keep trendy we will change it and piss everyone off.

I was told that it was because the BBC effectively run two complete versions of BBC On Line- The UK one and the International one. In order to save money they are amalgamating the two as much as possible

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Personally, as with Horoscope readings, they should write ‘for entertainment purposes only’, on every weather forecast. The BBC one has been rubbish for years, seldom right, often way out, especially if you are looking a few days ahead. Granted the weather is unpredictable, so therefore don’t give us all this science bollox and admit it’s an educated guess.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have 3 different weather apps on my phone as I work outside and weather makes a difference. Regularly each one shows different weather and none are that accurate tbh. Even the Met Office one is pants.

If you want to know about the next 2 hours or so then Weather and Radar is pretty decent, it's the current satellite picture with a 2 hour projection. I've used it to predict the best time for runs and dog walks and it's not let me down.

Long term weather forecasting is a dark and inaccurate art.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

View attachment 148932

Is the BBC confusing your VPN location of Broadmoor :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I first read the title as 'Dick Strawbridge...'

Imagine how confused I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here