Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Wales

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As my adopted country for the last 13 years I'll be hoping they do well. And I'm pretty sure they don't all hate me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally, I reckon this is more subjective angry bollocks from you.

I've worked very regularly in all parts of Scotland, Wales and Ireland, for the past 20 years, working for and alongside hundreds of people. Barring one or two knobs, I've never, ever felt that anyone held any resentment against me (for being English or otherwise).

If Bushy, on the other hand, has felt lots of resentment from all those he's come across that's fair enough.

If he did, it was DEFINITELY because he was English. Definitely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's a rather pessimistic way of looking at it if you ask me, Mr Hark. I knew when I typed the words it wouldn't be popular. I implore you to allow me to change your opinion, you see I'm the sort of chap that likes to celebrate what we have in common - not focus on our differences.

Personally I'd love to see a coming together of Great nations for a common cause. I'd love to see us all appreciate our national differences and put them all aside. I'd like to see us unite in our love of the Beautiful Game. I want to see one Team GB stand together, not nasty individualistic point scoring nonsense. I want to a spirit of camaraderie and companionship. #Together we're stronger. #Together we're more likely to beat Germany.

Now if we'd had Giggs crossing balls in for Shearer.. I wonder if we might have a bit more silverware in the locker?

See what I mean? Not one SINGLE Scottish player involved in that build up! :angry:
[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] OUT!

:wink:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hatred towards our small neighbouring countries? No thanks. I prefer to leave that sort of thing to the Celtic minnows along with their other tin-pot traditions that mark them out as no marks, like celebrating saints days and wearing comedy "traditional" costume. England is proper confident country capable of defining itself with something other than "we all hate <another country>".

Agreed with this bit. There's nothing worse than all the hatred, it's nonsense and totally unnecessary. I had a Scottish ex-colleague on my Facebook who HATED England and loved to see us lose. I found this annoying. He lived and worked in London. I'd only like to see Wales, Scotland et al do well personally.

Nothing wrong with nationalism - being proud of your country is great. But when it leads to the belief that your country is in someway superior to others that's a rather slippery route.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
See what I mean? Not one SINGLE Scottish player involved in that build up! :angry:

[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION] OUT!

:wink:

It was Colin Hendry's overhead kick off the goal-line lead directly to Giggsy picking up the ball. Sorry should have mentioned! x

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
i doubt many even read the question , but the campaign was certainly based on anti english sentiment.

You doubt they read the question???????????????? What they just saw a queue and joined it and they ended up putting a '' X '' in a box.

To be honest I was agreeing with you up to that point. There is a lot of unjustified anti English sentiment in both Scotland and Waes but to suggest they didn't even read the question on the Devolution ballot paper - it is statements like that which cause the anti English sentiment

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
55/45 is a massive difference. For every No voter, 22% more people wanted to stay in the union - and that is despite the fact that we have two bob little Englanders running around in UKIP, threatening to pull us out of Europe and destroying the Scottish economy (they are far more reliant on the EU than we are).
except its not though is it,it might sound it put in those terms , but all it boils down to is for every 1million yes votes , one million two hundrede and twenty thousand voted no, hardly a massive difference.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It would be interesting to get a Scotsman's take on this. You know, the people the referendum was aimed at, rather than you just declaring it was anti-English.

oh for gods sake take your blinkers off and argue properly instead of just resorting to the same old jibes you have proved better than that in the past.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was Colin Hendry's overhead kick off the goal-line lead directly to Giggsy picking up the ball. Sorry should have mentioned! x

You'll be disappointed with that post. I think you'll find that following THIS double debacle, both Colin Hendry and Gary McAllister were stripped of their Scottish nationality and exiled to the Faroe Islands forever. SAKE! :rant:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You doubt they read the question???????????????? What they just saw a queue and joined it and they ended up putting a '' X '' in a box.

To be honest I was agreeing with you up to that point. There is a lot of unjustified anti English sentiment in both Scotland and Waes but to suggest they didn't even read the question on the Devolution ballot paper - it is statements like that which cause the anti English sentiment
ok fair enough , i was just trying to say that there was a yes or no campaign , and yes voters just went straight for that on the ballot paper.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It would be interesting to get a Scotsman's take on this. You know, the people the referendum was aimed at, rather than you just declaring it was anti-English.

I am Scottish but live in London. I am very pro European but i would still have voted YES , if i had been allowed to vote. Not because I am anti English but because I am quite proud of my heritage and i would like to see them be an independent Nation.

He is correct though, there is a lot of anti English sentiment but that is something which has been handed down through the generations. it is no different to racism, sexism, homophobia and similar bigoted traits. it will never be eradicated totally but each generation there will be more and more breaking the anti English , the racist, the sexist, the homophobia cycle. And in my mind the more that break the cycle the better.

However, it is still possible to be proud of your heritage without intolerant to others and theirs.

Better get my tin hat for this post

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
oh for gods sake take your blinkers off and argue properly instead of just resorting to the same old jibes you have proved better than that in the past.

What? You're allowed to come out with shìt like "99.9% of the Scottish hate the English" and "the referendum was based on anti-English feeling" which are both subjective at best but more accurately a complete crock of shìt, and I'm the one who has to "argue properly"? ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I will never get I hope Wales or Scotland do well shite, both nations ****ing hate the English.

But we're above all that. Of course they're gonna hate us. We have always and will always be better. I will always cheer them on as the underdog.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You'll be disappointed with that post. I think you'll find that following THIS double debacle, both Colin Hendry and Gary McAllister were stripped of their Scottish nationality and exiled to the Faroe Islands forever. SAKE!

Cheers for that THPP. The best two minutes for England fans for many years. And all thanks to Uri Geller. Apparently.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Imagine if the likes of Wales and Romania end up seeded for the Euros whilst teams England, Portugal, Spain and Holland aren't.. Shows how flawed the FIFA rankings system is, when was the last time England even lost a game? Don't think they lost one in the whole of last year, yet they still go down in the rankings..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What? You're allowed to come out with shìt like "99.9% of the Scottish hate the English" and "the referendum was based on anti-English feeling" which are both subjective at best but more accurately a complete crock of shìt, and I'm the one who has to "argue properly"? ???
they do, it was based on anti english feeling , its not a crock of shit, now go away and feel good about yourself.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am Scottish but live in London. I am very pro European but i would still have voted YES , if i had been allowed to vote. Not because I am anti English but because I am quite proud of my heritage and i would like to see them be an independent Nation.

He is correct though, there is a lot of anti English sentiment but that is something which has been handed down through the generations. it is no different to racism, sexism, homophobia and similar bigoted traits. it will never be eradicated totally but each generation there will be more and more breaking the anti English , the racist, the sexist, the homophobia cycle. And in my mind the more that break the cycle the better.

However, it is still possible to be proud of your heritage without intolerant to others and theirs.

Better get my tin hat for this post

I dare you to go to Llanelli Market and proffer these ideals

in fact if you can find a few hundred San Marino or Switzerland shirts you could clean up

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here