Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on then who's next??

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Although I do agree a left back is a priority. I think a 20+ goal a season striker is more pressing tbh. You can sign the best keeper and defender in the world, but they are not going to score the goals to get promotion. Although they will prevent enough going in the other end to avoid relegation. Defenders and keepers stop you losing games. Strikers win you games. That's why you have to pay top dollar for the best.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Glenn Murray.....Lives local, never wanted to leave in the first place, proven quality at this level, probably not in Pulis long term plans and in the last year of his contract...Come back, be honest about why you left, call Poyet a tosser and all will be forgiven. Especially when he starts banging them in.......£1.5m should do it and a better player than Ulloa into the bargain.....It all makes perfect sense,,make it happen!!!!

Some of your post makes me smile in a good way (call Poyet a tosser, haha) but no, and especially paying a fee for him. No. He left us for them for nish, got them promoted and you want to pay to have him come back? Not for me.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Some of your post makes me smile in a good way (call Poyet a tosser, haha) but no, and especially paying a fee for him. No. He left us for them for nish, got them promoted and you want to pay to have him come back? Not for me.

He left for nish, as you say because he was out of contract. One year left on his contract £1.5m- £2m would be a bargain for a 20+goal a season striker. And I couldn't care less is he played for the Peter Sutcliffe XI as long as he scored the goals that see us promoted.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Although I do agree a left back is a priority. I think a 20+ goal a season striker is more pressing tbh. You can sign the best keeper and defender in the world, but they are not going to score the goals to get promotion. Although they will prevent enough going in the other end to avoid relegation. Defenders and keepers stop you losing games. Strikers win you games. That's why you have to pay top dollar for the best.

Agree, and that's the signing I hope we get right and bring in sufficient quality.

Essentially we need to replace

Ulloa
Orlandi
Ward
Lingard ( and / or Conway )

with the same or better and we'll have a great chance this season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He left for nish, as you say because he was out of contract. One year left on his contract £1.5m- £2m would be a bargain for a 20+goal a season striker. And I couldn't care less is he played for the Peter Sutcliffe XI as long as he scored the goals that see us promoted.

If we don't get a left back the striker needs to be getting 30 goals or more!

Dec 29, 2011
Agree, and that's the signing I hope we get right and bring in sufficient quality.

Essentially we need to replace

Ulloa
Orlandi
Ward
Lingard ( and / or Conway )

with the same or better and we'll have a great chance this season.

Don't see why we need to replace Orlandi. He wanted to stay and we need a covering midfielder. He was on higher wages before but surely he'd take a pay cut to stay in Brighton where his family have settled.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Pay them for a near 30 year old now palace legend? Can you imagine the shit they would spew if we do that? Younger, hungrier and better players out there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't see why we need to replace Orlandi. He wanted to stay and we need a covering midfielder. He was on higher wages before but surely he'd take a pay cut to stay in Brighton where his family have settled.

When I say replace, I include the player in question coming back ( obviously not Leo ).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If it were a fit Orlandi ( in the football sense ) I would say yes

But we all know you would be lucky to get a dozen games out of him, if that. What a waste of space he was when he finally pitched up at the end of last season. Yes I know some say he was rusty and lacked match practice. My answer to that, is why the **** was he picked then??? We were crap them last few games when Buckley and Orlandi started, we were better without them....No place in this league for lightweights like them,,,,well maybe one luxury player, but certainly not two or more in a starting 11.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Glenn Murray.....Lives local, never wanted to leave in the first place, proven quality at this level, probably not in Pulis long term plans and in the last year of his contract...Come back, be honest about why you left, call Poyet a tosser and all will be forgiven. Especially when he starts banging them in.......£1.5m should do it and a better player than Ulloa into the bargain.....It all makes perfect sense,,make it happen!!!!

Please NO! It would be a mistake on so many levels.
  1. He went to Palace
  2. He cost them nothing
  3. He was the past and is not the future
  4. History bears witness that it is never a good idea to 'go back'
.... and he has had a bad injury and probably not the player who scored for fun at Palace.

NO,NO, NO!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We could not afford his wages, which was why we lost him in the first place.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We could not afford his wages, which was why we lost him in the first place.

No it isn't. We chose not to meet his wage demands. Gus' biggest cock-up. Before his gross misconduct anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here