Come on.......Nicolas fund please

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Let's get a fund going for the capture of Nicolas, I know we have funds coming out of everywhere now but, I am sure we all agree he is the best midfielder we have had since Sidwell and probaly since Danny Wilson. Come on Harty or someone with some know how on these things I will donate a hard earned score for starters. I believe that if we lose him we will go down, we are in a simular situation to the Sidwell saga, if he would have stayed instead of going to Reading then we would have stayed up without doubt.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The Large One stated on another thread that the Forty Note Fund is almost empty,although some fund-raising events are planned

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Is this the catalyst we need to start a supporters trust?

The first funds from the trust being given to the club for Nicolas and a centre forward - as a loan first - to be converted to shares at a later date?

Membership of the trust could be set at £10 per annum - this would start the donations off at a reasonable level?

Having got this far to be in the championship it would be a real shame to let opportunities such as Nicolas pass us by

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Wait for the knockers about not being able to hand even more money to the club.Need a seperate fund to the Help the club fund.Perhaps we could all set up standing orders with the club of £10 a month to go to whatever fighting fund at the time ? Charities ask for money,perhaps we could do similar for the club ?
Then a little amount each month wouldn't be noticed.
I'll start by donating my boys pocket money.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ac gull said:
Is this the catalyst we need to start a supporters trust?

The first funds from the trust being given to the club for Nicolas and a centre forward - as a loan first - to be converted to shares at a later date?

Membership of the trust could be set at £10 per annum - this would start the donations off at a reasonable level?

Having got this far to be in the championship it would be a real shame to let opportunities such as Nicolas pass us by

I like this idea and personally find it better than the "General running fund" But each time I post regarding such issues all I get is abuse - good luck

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I actually thought Mendoza's idea of bucket fund raising outside Withdean is actually a pretty good one, even though I think he meant it almost in jest.

f*** it, we support a club thats skint and a quid (or more) off even 2000 fans should cover his wages for a few weeks.

I'm happy to stand outside Withdean with a bucket as this is a cause that could be the difference between mid table security and relegation, and its vital we stay in the First Division as already this season our profile nationally has risen 200%.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The Large One said:
No, you get abuse because you are an impatient glory-hunter. However, the idea of the Supporters' Trust is a good one, and is a topic of discussion at the Fans' Forum.

Impatient glory hunter ?
I've followed the Albion since 1973 and done 85 of the 92 league clubs - i appreciate my views are not shared by others but a glory hunter I am not

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh dear 'Im a better fan than you' alert.

MUPPET

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Rougvie said:
Oh dear 'Im a better fan than you' alert.

MUPPET

no thats not what I'm saying - just trying to make it clear that ive been a fan through thick and thin and not arrived now falmer is just around the corner and we won the play off final - As long as we are giving our best to support the club no fan is better than another

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
So Nicholas goes...so whats new. Sidwell went without us putting up a fight, so did Ingermarsson. Lets hope Reading snap up the Cypriot for next to nothing. Its tradition and you can't stand in the way of these things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports