Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Nederlands (& sort of Official Thread)!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Use to adore the Dutch at football, but their boring/'robust' 2010 WC tactics and because they now have serial divers/exaggerators, has ended that for me.

To me Argentina have been a better technical team tonight and in this tournament, good going forward and a no-nonsense defence of true defenders.

Holland have had quite a lot of luck in this tournament, with only Robben playing well out of their creative players. I would imagine their luck will continue with a win tonight on penalties, a deflection or the like.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Even more confusingly, "Dutch" shares its origins with the German word for German: Deutsch. Pennsylvania Dutch aka the Amish are originally from Germany, for example. Both terms derive from "Teutons", I believe.

In any case, I hope that that orange-clad shower get so comprehensively shat on by the Argies this evening that that ugly, cheating, bald, cheese farting tosspiece Robben self-immolates on the halfway line at the final whistle.

That would be interesting to watch.

I agree with your sentiments, but not quite to such an extreme.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now, must bet bet 365 now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Where have all the Dutch fans gone, they usually half fill a stadium all clad in orange, unless they are all in the stand where the cameras are there is only a small group behind the goal (ish)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clive Tyldesley is a ****.

Yep. After approx 20 minutes Sneijder tried a long distance shot, a good effort, but clearly wide by several metres. About a second after it was obviously going far wide, Tyldesley went bananas as if it was possibly going in. Don't know if his brain is that slow, or if he was trying to talk up a game of few attempts? Either way, a pr*ck.

He may revert soon to: "Van Persie of ManU", "Van Gaal soon to be "ManU manager", "Van Gaal, what tactical genius has he got up his sleeve this time?" Normally reels those out several times a commentary, 'educating' us on the obvious or over-said.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Yep. After approx 20 minutes Sneijder tried a long distance shot, a good effort, but clearly wide by several metres. About a second after it was obviously going far wide, Tyldesley went bananas as if it was possibly going in. Don't know if his brain is that slow, or if he was trying to talk up a game of few attempts? Either way, a pr*ck.

He may revert soon to: "Van Persie of ManU", "Van Gaal soon to be "ManU manager", "Van Gaal, what tactical genius has he got up his sleeve this time?" Normally reels those out several times a commentary, 'educating' us on the obvious or over-said.

Why the **** would we care about United and their tactics next year when we're watching a world cup semi? **** off you shit ****.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lots of tattoos in this World Cup.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Games like this remind me why this has been such a brilliant World Cup. It sticks out like a sore thumb, bringing back memories of frustrating World Cups past.

I can't put into words how much I want Germany to win this tournament.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This game lacks decent movement and intelligent players.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Holland look totally uninspired to me and seem to be playing for penalties.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Two shots on target all match - as poor as last night was exceptional. I'm gutted I didn't go for the 0-0 prediction, I went 1-0 Argies.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Whatever twit was on this board last night saying the public destruction of brazil was disappointing, and they'd rather watch a closer game, must hate football. This game is boring, dire and Germany will tear either team apart in the final.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is dull. Don't care who wins now as long as it's over in 90 mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here