[Misc] Collections

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Last year I got into playing Dominoes. Since then I’ve been collecting dominoes sets. From cheap travel ones to antique sets. My collection is still only modest but as my love for the game grows, so does my collection.

Ideal for playing over a pint or two and the simplicity of the game is good for a man like me who doesn’t get on well with complicated games.

So, do you have a collection of anything? Feel free to post photos.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I started collecting autographs about 10 years ago, I met Dave Prowse in a cafe in Worthing which started it all, I then met a few star wars actors at conventions and had some helmets and photos signed.
The Darth Vader helmet is signed by Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones. The Boba Fett helmet is signed by Jeremy Bulloch and the stormtrooper helmet by several actors (Femi Taylor (Oola), Dave Prowse (Vader), Mike Edmonds (Logray), a random stormtrooper and a couple of people who did the animatronics for Jabba the Hutt.
I also have signed photos of Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Frank Oz, Peter Mayhew and Dave Prowse.
Nerdy as f*** but as well as being a hobby it will also all be worth a few quid in years to come.

DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I started collecting autographs about 10 years ago, I met Dave Prowse in a cafe in Worthing which started it all, I then met a few star wars actors at conventions and had some helmets and photos signed.
The Darth Vader helmet is signed by Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones. The Boba Fett helmet is signed by Jeremy Bulloch and the stormtrooper helmet by several actors (Femi Taylor (Oola), Dave Prowse (Vader), Mike Edmonds (Logray), a random stormtrooper and a couple of people who did the animatronics for Jabba the Hutt.
I also have signed photos of Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Frank Oz, Peter Mayhew and Dave Prowse.
Nerdy as f*** but as well as being a hobby it will also all be worth a few quid in years to come.

View attachment 166883View attachment 166884
Wow. Genuinely. They’re awesome.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I also like all things Indiana Jones. Except Crystal Skull, obvs.

I have loads of books, scripts, annuals etc but I do love my collection of Jones novels. Some are hard to find but over the years I’ve managed to get all but one, the Holy Grail, if you will. They vary in quality but I’ve enjoyed them.

IMG_1806.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I also like all things Indiana Jones. Except Crystal Skull, obvs.

I have loads of books, scripts, annuals etc but I do love my collection of Jones novels. Some are hard to find but over the years I’ve managed to get all but one, the Holy Grail, if you will. They vary in quality but I’ve enjoyed them.

View attachment 166886
My mates dad loves Indiana Jones so much that my mates middle name is Indy.
Which one are you missing? Didn't even realise there were books to be honest.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I collect vintage jigsaw puzzles. I started out getting them for my Dad who loved steam trains, but it kind of
stuck.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I got into rummikub a number of years ago and now I have about 5 sets which I've picked up at car boots, charity shops etc. Great game.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I was talking with Mrs Pickles the other day about how many things constitute a collection, or the start of one. She reckons two, on the basis that I have two Lambrettas, but I reckon it's three, seeing as I'd like another...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A4A0A216-15C5-43C3-8EF1-955A56469673.jpeg
it won’t come as a surprise, but I’ve been collecting Albion football shirts for some time.

I didn’t buy my first one until 1994, then I think with the advent of online auctions I started picking up ones I didn’t own. I’ve got to the point now where I have every home shirt since 1977 when official replicas were first sold, and all but 3 are matchworn examples. I’m missing 2 away shirts, although not all of the away ones I have are matcworn.

I think, including duplicates, goalies, special editions etc I’m at around 350 Brighton shirts.

I’ve also added shirts to my collection from elsewhere. As a regular visitor to Cyprus I’ve amassed a hundred or so shirts from both the north and south of the country. There are also around 40 Worthing shirts in there and probably a couple of dozen shirts from other Sussex non league clubs.

My first ever replica shirt, in 1976, was a California Surf shirt, bought from the adverts in the back pages of Shoot/Goal magazine, they were so much cheaper than British team shirts. Soccer in The USA still fascinates me, so you’ll find a hundred or so shirts from modern MLS sides to obscure lower level sides. Id love to get my hands on an original California Surf shirt as mine went the way of the bin many moons ago.

And then there’s a bunch of shirts from all over the place, UK, and worldwide.

C7AC6DDE-87C3-45CA-BCB9-F508F985C8BF.jpeg

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I was talking with Mrs Pickles the other day about how many things constitute a collection, or the start of one. She reckons two, on the basis that I have two Lambrettas, but I reckon it's three, seeing as I'd like another...
Sounds familiar, I've got 4 bicycles, was 6 bit was pressured into dumping one (kept loads of parts from it) and a son has another.

I just don't like getting rid of useful stuff.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
View attachment 166893it won’t come as a surprise, but I’ve been collecting Albion football shirts for some time.

I didn’t buy my first one until 1994, then I think with the advent of online auctions I started picking up ones I didn’t own. I’ve got to the point now where I have every home shirt since 1977 when official replicas were first sold, and all but 3 are matchworn examples. I’m missing 2 away shirts, although not all of the away ones I have are matcworn.

I think, including duplicates, goalies, special editions etc I’m at around 350 Brighton shirts.

I’ve also added shirts to my collection from elsewhere. As a regular visitor to Cyprus I’ve amassed a hundred or so shirts from both the north and south of the country. There are also around 40 Worthing shirts in there and probably a couple of dozen shirts from other Sussex non league clubs.

My first ever replica shirt, in 1976, was a California Surf shirt, bought from the adverts in the back pages of Shoot/Goal magazine, they were so much cheaper than British team shirts. Soccer in The USA still fascinates me, so you’ll find a hundred or so shirts from modern MLS sides to obscure lower level sides. Id love to get my hands on an original California Surf shirt as mine went the way of the bin many moons ago.

"Oh my God, FFS, are they Brighton shirts" was the reaction I just got to that. I've got 20 ish, more when accounting for the ones my kids have through the years. Cannot get rid of them. So that's a reaction of fear to me heading off in that direction I reckon

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Very large collection of 80s computers - although I am starting to slim it down. Collecting turned to hoarding so I am selling a lot of it bit by bit to try and get a nice collection rather than boxes of stuff I don't look at. I mean, who needs 2 Acorn Electrons?

I also have a very large collection of Albion books. I'm not a completionist but it is probably a fair way there..

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Last year I got into playing Dominoes. Since then I’ve been collecting dominoes sets. From cheap travel ones to antique sets. My collection is still only modest but as my love for the game grows, so does my collection.

Ideal for playing over a pint or two and the simplicity of the game is good for a man like me who doesn’t get on well with complicated games.

So, do you have a collection of anything? Feel free to post photos.

I like that. I also have a set of antique dominos that my father (who served for the RAF in India during WW2) bought back with him. They are ivory and boxed in sandalwood. Being of that age CITES does not come into the question. I love them and will pass them on to my daughter, complete with his service medals when the time comes.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
View attachment 166893it won’t come as a surprise, but I’ve been collecting Albion football shirts for some time.

View attachment 166894
Is that your home or a shop? :eek: That's truly astonishing. :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is that your home or a shop? :eek: That's truly astonishing. :)
That’s my football shirt room 🙂 originally built to be my home office, but then I stopped WFH so had to do something with it.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I have a collection of penknives. Probably got about 200.
I haven't got any photos as they're stored in boxes until I can get something better.
Don't get cut up about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports