Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Collecting Brighton shirts

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Bit of a longshot but... I’ve spent the last year or so collecting old Brighton shirts. I've managed to collect most of the home shirts between 1979 to the current day. However I am missing the 1984/85 and 85/86 Phoenix Brewery Shirts respectively, as well as the 86/87 first NOBO shirt. I know these shirts tend to be rarer than hen's teeth, and people willing to part with them rarer still, but if anyone does have any of the above in their loft or wardrobe, and would be open to selling them, please drop me a message as I'd love to add them to my collection :)

In the meantime, if football shirt collecting is your thing, you can check out my collection on instagram @ exiled_seagull

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That reminds me... anyone know what an unworn pink Albion GK from 04/05 shirt is worth? (XXL)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
That reminds me... anyone know what an unworn pink Albion GK from 04/05 shirt is worth? (XXL)

Always tough to judge as, like with most things, it’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. The most I’ve seen a GK shirt go in the last year was a Kuipers shirt from 2002-04, which went for about £120. The pink one for its pure cult status would probably go for a bit more so say £150? But that’s just a guesstimate

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have sorted through my garage this weekend and I found a bag with a lot of Albion shirts in them, home and away. Might be selling them if I think there is going to be any interest in them.

Quick glance through, the one that stood out is the white shirt we wore when winning at Palace (Mcshane header/own goal). I think they brought out a one off version with Albion v Palace embroidered on.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I have sorted through my garage this weekend and I found a bag with a lot of Albion shirts in them, home and away. Might be selling them if I think there is going to be any interest in them.

Quick glance through, the one that stood out is the white shirt we wore when winning at Palace (Mcshane header/own goal). I think they brought out a one off version with Albion v Palace embroidered on.
Amazing! Well, if you do decide to sell, feel free to drop me a list of the shirts and how much you would like for them and I’ll see if there’s any gaps in my collection that need filling 😁

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have one of those. Two actually - the one with Palace v Albion on, and one with Palace 0 Albion 1.

A special editon shirt for a Championship game - pretty noddy really!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Reckon you’d be disappointed to get less than £250 for it on eBay.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I have one of those. Two actually - the one with Palace v Albion on, and one with Palace 0 Albion 1.

A special editon shirt for a Championship game - pretty noddy really!
The one without the score on it is the rare one, only made for the players, and a very few put on sale in the shop. After the game the score was added and a bunch of them put on sale by the club.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a longshot but... I’ve spent the last year or so collecting old Brighton shirts. I've managed to collect most of the home shirts between 1979 to the current day. However I am missing the 1984/85 and 85/86 Phoenix Brewery Shirts respectively, as well as the 86/87 first NOBO shirt. I know these shirts tend to be rarer than hen's teeth, and people willing to part with them rarer still, but if anyone does have any of the above in their loft or wardrobe, and would be open to selling them, please drop me a message as I'd love to add them to my collection :)

In the meantime, if football shirt collecting is your thing, you can check out my collection on instagram @ exiled_seagull
84/85 home shirt is the only home shirt since 1977 that I don’t have, never sold to fans, so the only way to add one to a collection is to find a matchworn version, good luck with that, it is my holy grail.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Reckon you’d be disappointed to get less than £250 for it on eBay.

Ooh, thanks.

The one without the score on it is the rare one, only made for the players, and a very few put on sale in the shop. After the game the score was added and a bunch of them put on sale by the club.

Good knowledge - thanks. And how much would that be roughly worth? (Mint, XL).

And while I'm here... what about a 1991/92 home shirt? (Mint, XL)

(I also have matching stripey shorts - in Medium, alas)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
84/85 home shirt is the only home shirt since 1977 that I don’t have, never sold to fans, so the only way to add one to a collection is to find a matchworn version, good luck with that, it is my holy grail.
Well that doesn’t bode well 😂

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ooh, thanks.

Ooh, thanks.

You’ll want at least £100 for the Palace shirt. Double that or more for the 91/93 shirt, with the shorts, should be at least £300.

BHA shirts are highly sought after just now, the prices on eBay are ridiculous, and on the vintage shirt sites they are bonkers,

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Been looking for one for about the last 30 years, the only one I ever saw for sale went for four figures, and that was about 15 years ago.
Blimey! I best start saving my pennies in the highly unlikely event one crops up 😅

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When I get a chance I'll get them all photographed and see what I have. The Palace white one I have has the score on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here