West west west Sussex
In the least surprising news of the day segment we have:-

The people of Scotchland have really missed their Maccy D's

[tweet]1267880230972252161[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Arundel Crossbush McDonalds was definitely open again today, based on the traffic on my commute...

I just don't understand the need (or even desire) to go on the first day to anything reopening at the moment (be it Ikea, a garden centre, or a McDonalds). It'll still be there in 3-4 days. Are you THAT desperate?!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1268169995147710471[/TWEET]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arundel Crossbush McDonalds was definitely open again today, based on the traffic on my commute...

I just don't understand the need (or even desire) to go on the first day to anything reopening at the moment (be it Ikea, a garden centre, or a McDonalds). It'll still be there in 3-4 days. Are you THAT desperate?!

Customers were just interviewed on BBC1 SE News. Seemed to be mum’s and young kids who’d desperately missed McDonalds grub, and similarly builders.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some think there will be mass reassessment of society after covid, the desire to queue for a MaccyD tells me otherwise.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[TWEET]1268169995147710471[/TWEET]

Only just noticed that they opened today...its sometimes a pain that way anyway because of the inordinate length of time the level crossing barriers stay closed for trains.....I might try it Friday ..i quite miss my flat white and chicken mayo...plus ive got to know the day shift reasonably well....but i wont even try this weekend ...and tbh have got into the habit of taking a flask to work now

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
To each their own of course, but hopefully a few of those flocking to the likes of KFC and MaccyDs will soon be heading to small, local, independent restaurants too..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Customers were just interviewed on BBC1 SE News. Seemed to be mum’s and young kids who’d desperately missed McDonalds grub, and similarly builders.

I get that people might like it, but literally wait a day or two and then you’d probably won’t have the insane queues?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bit like the garden centres...queues first week....earlier this week I just went straight in..got what I wanted and back out in five minutes

It’ll be interesting to see if this is the case. Garden centres have lost a lot of their lure for silver surfers due to their closed indoor cafes, there are only so many begonias they can buy.

Whist the western world’s love affair with junk food and especially McDonalds is something unparalleled.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’ll be interesting to see if this is the case. Garden centres have lost a lot of their lure for silver surfers due to their closed indoor cafes, there are only so many begonias they can buy.

Whist the western world’s love affair with junk food and especially McDonalds is something unparalleled.

This is true..although their was one other attraction ...a toilet....and to some another ...tat

I get that people might like it, but literally wait a day or two and then you’d probably won’t have the insane queues?

So far I have managed to convince the younger Pottings to wait a couple of days before rushing off to the local McD's for a fix.

I do find the KFC/McD shaming a bit ott - we all got excited when the town's "proper" chippy reopened but, being a sensible place only for phones orders, and they have a thoroughly organised social distancing process in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here