Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards will appear in court today

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
With the public coffers being in such a mess and spending on vital services being cut all over the place it's nice to see that we can still find the money to chase down these people that cause such misery in our society!

I'm sure the 'x' hours of community service or trivial fine will justify such extreme measures!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally i'm glad its going this far ..so i don't think its a waste of my money

Can you explain why please because I don't get it. Equally can you explain why that Leeds player didn't go to court for the gestures he made. Personally I was just happy to see him sent off, never occurred to me for a minute that he would be in trouble with the police.

Same with CKR, would have liked the FA to do something, but a three day court appearance, where in all liklihood he will get fined and told not to do it again. Ridiculous waste of money.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Can you explain why please because I don't get it. Equally can you explain why that Leeds player didn't go to court for the gestures he made. Personally I was just happy to see him sent off, never occurred to me for a minute that he would be in trouble with the police.

Same with CKR, would have liked the FA to do something, but a three day court appearance, where in all liklihood he will get fined and told not to do it again. Ridiculous waste of money.

Perhaps you should ask the CPS etc why the leeds player wasn't sent to court..i don't make the decisions

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Agree entirely. Complete waste of money. OUR money as taxpayers. With the country's finances still in a mess how can this kind of profilgacy be justified. In fact, even if the country's finances were in the best shape ever, it would still be a waste of taxpayers money. How can it possibly be justified?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
She screamed for a policeman though!

The full report:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/inde...n_and_Hove_Albion_dreaming_of_the_top_flight/

Fans got into the celebratory mood for the final away game of the season to Leeds, with some adopting a Spanish theme while others donned Village People outfits as a response to the homophobic abuse the fans have endured this season.

The game against Leeds United on Saturday saw home striker El Hadji Diouf dismissed for an offensive gesture at Albion fans seconds after scoring an equaliser from the penalty spot.

Fans said they believed a quick response to the incident by West Yorkshire Police and match officials was as a result of the supporters club’s report into the level of abuse they suffer, published earlier this month.

Liz Costa, vice chairwoman of Brighton and Hove Albion Supporters’ Club, said: “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman who told me it had already been reported.

“Thank God we had a linesman who knew what he was doing and reacted quickly.

“I think the response was linked to our report.

“Our football liaison officer went to meet their police in the club’s control room and all of their officers were reading our report so clearly it is making a difference.”

Comedy gold.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The full report:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/inde...n_and_Hove_Albion_dreaming_of_the_top_flight/

Fans got into the celebratory mood for the final away game of the season to Leeds, with some adopting a Spanish theme while others donned Village People outfits as a response to the homophobic abuse the fans have endured this season.

The game against Leeds United on Saturday saw home striker El Hadji Diouf dismissed for an offensive gesture at Albion fans seconds after scoring an equaliser from the penalty spot.

Fans said they believed a quick response to the incident by West Yorkshire Police and match officials was as a result of the supporters club’s report into the level of abuse they suffer, published earlier this month.

Liz Costa, vice chairwoman of Brighton and Hove Albion Supporters’ Club, said: “It happened right in front of us and I screamed for a policeman who told me it had already been reported.

“Our football liaison officer went to meet their police in the club’s control room and all of their officers were reading our report so clearly it is making a difference.”

Comedy gold.

Thanks, I went looking for that but couldn't find it with a quick search. :lolol:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
The full report:

Comedy gold.

And it's that precise quote I cannot take her seriously anymore

:lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Although I am not too bothered by CKRs actions, I struggle to understand the points of view of those opposed to the court case.

Peoples views on racism have altered dramatically over the years, thanks largely to 'education'...AND to some extent, backed up by severe sentences handed out by the courts.

Do the same people who view CKRs court case as a 'waste', also share the view that gay footballers (active) should remain in their 'closets'...????

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Although I am not too bothered by CKRs actions, I struggle to understand the points of view of those opposed to the court case.

Peoples views on racism have altered dramatically over the years, thanks largely to 'education'...AND to some extent, backed up by severe sentences handed out by the courts.

Do the same people who view CKRs court case as a 'waste', also share the view that gay footballers (active) should remain in their 'closets'...????

It's possibly because in some case, they weren't offended, they don't necessarily appreciate that others might be.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here