Colin Calderwood appointed as Hughton's assistant

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Good we now have two experienced people in charge , hopefully we can all move forward and start to climb the table

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No, the Nathan who was overruled by the manager (Sami) who for 4 months of defeats, refused to play anything but a Christmas Tree 4321, using our most creative wide players through the middle and our full backs as wingers. Coincidentally the same Nathan without a loss against his name as caretaker manager.

Brilliant, you and Nathan can add

'Unable to influence those senior to you' to your CV

Let us know how this helps you

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Brilliant, you and Nathan can add

'Unable to influence those senior to you' to your CV

Let us know how this helps you
Your bias clouds your judgement. So if we're talking CVs, feel free to stick "pig-headed and stubborn to the nth degree, and consumed by an ill-deserved sense of superiority" to yours, you patronising bell end.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As and when a job comes up that appears to be a promotion for NJ then he will apply and be off, it happens in all football why did Moyes leave Everton for Man United . Howe did the same at AFCB but then realized the grass is not always greener on the other side, it will always happen in football.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Am pleased with that. We were in need of change below just the top man. Whilst the coaching staff on the whole look like a hotchpotch of various pasts, it's important for Hughton to have at least the main person he wants and very much trusts alongside him. Their strong bond and experience should mean they form a sense of just leadership to a squad that's looked for authority within for a while, it's seemed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really hope this works out but I have a concern that the manager, assistant and first team coach are all former defenders and that Hughton has a reputation for safety first.

I would have liked someone in the management team with a bit of nous going forward. I like to think that Lua Lua, Kayal and Teixeira will rip sides apart but I'm not sure we'll see much of that sort of football.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Interesting comment by Naylor today. 'CC joins the existing backroom team headed by Nathan Jones.' Does that mean that Jones is more senior than Calderwood? Is 1st team coach a more important job than Assistant Manager these days bearing in mind some clubs don't even have a manager or assistant manager, just a chief coach? Just wondering?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
My Norwich cousins (STHs for years), not broadly critical of CH (although thought him dull) were unanimous, as apparently are the vast majority of six fingered, web footers, that Calderwood was a complete waste of space. They normally know their onions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports