Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cole Palmer on loan?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He had a running battle of petulance with the Spanish for most of the match.

Diving, faking injury, mouthing off. Caused the scuffle after the goal by celebrating in front of the Spanish bench.

Apart from all that he did nothing wrong.
You might want to look away when Enciso’s playing this season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd rather develop Buennanotte as Solly's understudy.
I think that Buonanotte could end up as the next Ali Mac rather than the next Solly March. I don’t see his future out wide so much.

However, I suspect that our attempts to sign Kudus will be over if we sign Palmer on loan. That would be disappointing.

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He had a running battle of petulance with the Spanish for most of the match.

Diving, faking injury, mouthing off. Caused the scuffle after the goal by celebrating in front of the Spanish bench.

Apart from all that he did nothing wrong.

Are you Spanish by any chance?

He was giving as good as he got and was clearly reacting to shit his was getting from their bench, when he celebrated the way he did.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Are you Spanish by any chance?

He was giving as good as he got and was clearly reacting to shit his was getting from their bench, when he celebrated the way he did.
No, English.

Just don't like whingy little scrote behaviour but if you can tolerate it and want to watch it every week then crack on.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The 20 minute or so cameo he had during the 1-1 game down here in May was impressive. Not sure how much game time he'd get, but it would be a yes from me.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think that Buonanotte could end up as the next Ali Mac rather than the next Solly March. I don’t see his future out wide so much.

However, I suspect that our attempts to sign Kudus will be over if we sign Palmer on loan. That would be disappointing.
maybe its the otherway round, if we can't sign Kudus we have this fella lined up.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Personally thinking what's the point

Mitoma, Adingra, March, Buonanotte, Enciso, Pedro,Sarmiento, Koslowski, Lallana. That's a lot of depth for 3 positions.

Haven't seen anything of Palmer to suggest he's ready. Unless it comes with a decent future fee option and no buyback clause, it's a no from me. No reason to get ourselves in a hole like with Colwill and they turn out to be bloody amazing but we then have no chance of signing them and another club benefits. Also no proof he's any better than what we have. And take playing time from our own perfectly fine players.

Even if he's amazing, don't want us to babysit for a season and have no benefit at the end of it.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023

Mitoma, Adingra, March, Buonanotte, Enciso, Pedro,Sarmiento, Koslowski, Lallana. That's a lot of depth for 3 positions.

Haven't seen anything of Palmer to suggest he's ready. Unless it comes with a decent future fee option and no buyback clause, it's a no from me. No reason to get ourselves in a hole like with Colwill and they turn out to be bloody amazing but we then have no chance of signing them and another club benefits. Also no proof he's any better than what we have.

Even if he's amazing, don't want us to babysit for a season and have no benefit at the end of it.
Seems obvious but if he is amazing, the benefit to us is… the use of an amazing player for a whole season. Who knows, he could make the difference between winning a cup or, gulp, getting to the CL (unlikely though that is).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Haven't seen anything of Palmer to suggest he's ready. Unless it comes with a decent future fee option and no buyback clause, it's a no from me. No reason to get ourselves in a hole like with Colwill and they turn out to be bloody amazing but we then have no chance of signing them and another club benefits. Also no proof he's any better than what we have. And take playing time from our own perfectly fine players.

Apart from that, it's a 'yes' then?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Completely agree that it's not a position(s) we lack talent or options in. BUT the only 'hole' Colwill got us into was qualifying for Europe, so that's really not a reason to say no if, and I think potentially he is, good enough to give us something extra.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023

I also think we have enough attacking players but if Roberto wants to bring in another one, I'm not going to launch a protest movement against it.
We also don't know what the plan is for some of our younger players. If Cole Palmer arriving would mean someone like Sarmiento or Adingra could get 30 starts in La Liga or Serie A, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not completely sure adingra is ready or good enough yet. Could be getting Palmer to cover his squad position

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Not completely sure adingra is ready or good enough yet. Could be getting Palmer to cover his squad position

Adingra has shown enough to warrant a place as Mitoma's understudy this season.

Our interest in Palmer, and Kudus, looks like an attempt to better balance the squad.

Buonanotte was put out on the right purely because he's left footed, even though he's not really suited to playing out wide.

We don't currently have enough left footed players.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I also think we have enough attacking players but if Roberto wants to bring in another one, I'm not going to launch a protest movement against it.
We also don't know what the plan is for some of our younger players. If Cole Palmer arriving would mean someone like Sarmiento or Adingra could get 30 starts in La Liga or Serie A, it wouldn't be the worst thing.
Sarmiento is going nowhere. Breakthrough season beckons.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Might be a bit harsh until we've seen him in the stripes. Statistically our best performing loan player, at a decent level, and outperformed Mitoma goals and assists wise during their time at USG. Definitely one of the players we will be taking a really close look at in the States.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here