Coldplay's New Album

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
That's what it is, it's music for people that don't like music.

If they really did like music they'd find something MUCH more interesting to listen to than f***ing Coldplay.

I think that's a common misconception about people who like Coldplay. I love Coldplay but I'd hate to only listen to bands who sound like them. My favourite bands are Hot Chip, LCD Soundsystem, Spiritualized, Radiohead and Super Furry Animals. However, whenever you dare to admit stuff you like Coldplay, people seem to think you only listen to stuff like Starsailor, James Blunt and Keane (all of whom I hate).

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
The problem is that, along with James Blunt, Keane, Robbie Willaims and the rest, Coldplay fall into that category of music for people who don't really like music but want to join in and have something to talk about. There music is fairly inoffensive in itself, it's more what it stands for that grates with me. I'd imagine most Coldplay fans really enjoyed Live 8 and the Princess of Wales memorial thing too.

I'm sorry James but I just can't agree with that. I like Coldplay but hate the other three artists you mentioned. And I do like music.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
The problem is that, along with James Blunt, Keane, Robbie Willaims and the rest, Coldplay fall into that category of music for people who don't really like music but want to join in and have something to talk about. There music is fairly inoffensive in itself, it's more what it stands for that grates with me. I'd imagine most Coldplay fans really enjoyed Live 8 and the Princess of Wales memorial thing too.

Absolutely classic 'received wisdom'. To play on your own cliche, this is an opinion for people that don't actually have one. By all means dislike Coldplay, but a grow a set and come up with some kind of reason that actually makes anyone believe you know something about music and have thought about it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Musical snobbery at its very worst.

Did you not see Pink Floyd , was their set a load of shite as well ?.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
coldplay hating is this some kind of sport now days, to be honest couldn't give a shit about peoples reason for not liking them. All i know is they are one of the most successful bands in the world sell out gigs in hours and are bloody good live. All this crap about being anti music is just plain balls as for falling into the same category as James Blunt are you on something...

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I'm sorry James but I just can't agree with that. I like Coldplay but hate the other three artists you mentioned. And I do like music.

There are always going to be exceptions but, from where I'm standing, a heck of a lot of Coldplay fans are just trying to join in. As I said before, I don't think their music is bad in itself, I just find that most people who really like them haven't heard of much else.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Absolutely classic 'received wisdom'. To play on your own cliche, this is an opinion for people that don't actually have one. By all means dislike Coldplay, but a grow a set and come up with some kind of reason that actually makes anyone believe you know something about music and have thought about it.

But if you read what I said, I don't dislike them because I think they are musically bad - they're a bit bland but that's not the biggest crime in the world. I just find the majority of their fanbase very annoying.

In any case, I wouldn't claim to know a great deal about music... and I guess that is where I differ from a lot of people I've met who tell me Coldplay are amazing.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
I agree that Coldplay fall into the same bland bracket as James Blunt, Keane and Travis. It's "pop by numbers", but hey, if that's what people like ..........

I've just discovered Los Campesinos, they're much more imaginative and easier on the ear.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well to hell with the lot of you.

I went into Woolworths today and brazenly pciked the Coldplay Album from the display stand. I even looked at it and read the track titles whlist people were walking past me. Hell I don't care !.

I took the CD to the counter and the 16 year old girl picked up my shiny new copy from the shelf whilst giving me a look mixed between disgust and pity.

I am now blaring it out on my CD no doubt to the ridicule of the neighbours. The first track is a belter, an instrumental track which hightlights the genius of these musicians. It fecking ROCKS. The other stand out is Viva la Vida surr to become a clasic summer song when it is undoutedebly released as a single.

A full review will follow in due course.

So in short I DON'T BLOODY WELL CARE IF I AM UN COOL SO THERE.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well to hell with the lot of you.

I went into Woolworths today and brazenly pciked the Coldplay Album from the display stand. I even looked at it and read the track titles whlist people were walking past me. Hell I don't care !.

I took the CD to the counter and the 16 year old girl picked up my shiny new copy from the shelf whilst giving me a look mixed between disgust and pity.

I am now blaring it out on my CD no doubt to the ridicule of the neighbours. The first track is a belter, an instrumental track which hightlights the genius of these musicians. It fecking ROCKS. The other stand out is Viva la Vida surr to become a clasic summer song when it is undoutedebly released as a single.

A full review will follow in due course.

So in short I DON'T BLOODY WELL CARE IF I AM UN COOL SO THERE.

Oh dear. Already An Object Of Ridicule over his betting tips, US completes the dream double by buying the new Coldplay album, thereby ensuring he is now An Object Of Both Scorn AND Ridicule :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't actually give a shit Tom. I like what I like, if people don't like that tough. There are too manty people on NSC who follow the herd afraid to say what they really like or really think in case they get the piss taken out of them. I would rather be free willed and riducled than in a straight jacket of thought and with the supposed in crowd.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Viva La Vida is a f***ing IMMENSE track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports