Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay Wembley

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'd imagine they're sick of playing their back catalogue; still you reap what you sow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t listen to them much on my ipod/iphone but I always really enjoy the live shows that are shown on TV. Really good live band and I like their anthems, they certainly get the crowd going and it all seems to be good fun, what’s not to like :shrug:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not my cup of tea and no big deal. There is little money to be made in releasing new albums and all the money is in touring. Accordingly, they have a big enough back catalogue to just do the odd greatest hits tour.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Chris Martin has, of course, been saying s*** like this for at least a decade now - which is why uber-troll Crodonilson mentioned it on here.

(Shame on the Beeb for reporting the nonsense)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not my cup of tea and no big deal. There is little money to be made in releasing new albums and all the money is in touring. Accordingly, they have a big enough back catalogue to just do the odd greatest hits tour.

We had this exact conversation in the office yesterday . . . . out my end of the scale we make our money back on recording an album if we're lucky . . . the fact someone in the band decided to give our music away via spotify means I have several hundred LP's in storage unsold and we do not make our money back . . . especially with no gigs to sell anything at. I have no interest in financing another album, its just a vanity project.

The likes of spotify are stifling creativity and killing music.

It's still a paying hobby in covers bands, or self funding at worst, but forget it being original.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
^ there is never any excuse for using 'office' when 'orifice' can be substituted in its place.

Personally I've never minded a slice of 'The Play' and I'm a total music snob. I'm possibly just too thick to realise how crap they are in reality.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
^ there is never any excuse for using 'office' when 'orifice' can be substituted in its place.

Personally I've never minded a slice of 'The Play' and I'm a total music snob. I'm possibly just too thick to realise how crap they are in reality.

CP, like U2 and a few others hit the nail on the head once and stuck to a winning formula, ad nauseum. (IMHO) For the love of cash.

THere are good examples of musicians who hit a formula, cashed in then used the lifelong funding to do what they love regardless of whether its commercially succesful. Anyone creative gets bored after a while and moves on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here