Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cold Call from Spanish Number 0034 789 85 469

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Do people still have landlines?

yes we do
when we get silly phonecalls I aways ask "do we know you" their normal answer is "no but"my answer is "then lets keep it that way" and then hang up
works every time

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
If you get a call like that answer the phone whispering "I've done what you ask..... But there's blood EVERYWHERE". Terrifies them :)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If it's a woman caller start talking dirty and that makes them hang up.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
we are registered with them but recently have started getting 3-4 calls a day from insurance claims witholding their number. Was thinking of getting one of those phones which allows you to block numbers but don't think this won't stop these b@stards getting through

We did get one of those phones after we were getting 5 or 6 scam calls a day and we were registered with TPS. The blocking works well .We still get the calls but they are not put through as they do not identify themselves. The only slight problem is that if genuine callers are not in your contact list you have to answer quickly when the phone rings saying you have an identified call.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Do you answer your doorbell with 'Halt! Who goes there?' :lol:
Yes, yes he does - once you have avoided the landmine buried by the front door.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I ask them if they could hang on for a couple of minutes then I put the phone down in front of the tv speaker, turn the sound up, and leave it there for ten minutes or so.. I have yet to pick the phone back up and find anyone still there to talk to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a Manchester number / company that ring and the Sales people are so ****ing rude. When they asked about my 'accident' I said 'was it the one with the hamster' (random I know) and they just hung up..

Another time the bint said to me (after I said pardon) 'you heard - do you want compensation or not.' Utter morons...

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I keep getting a call from Texas

Every time I answer, someone hangs up

Sharleen Spiteri was harassing me for a while too. She used to call me at 1am doing her Darth Vader impression rather than just hanging up though, might be someone else from the band who we don't care about because they're men.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I ask them for their company details and say that my hourly rate is £40 or part thereof and if they wish to continue the conversation I will invoice them for my time. A polite good bye or them hanging up is the usual response.
Alternatively ask them them for the 4 digit code you have in place for security reasons, if they pass the security questions you can continue with the conversation.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I pretend I'm a Chinese takeaway, Harrow wha you want special fri rice? I seem to be on some dont waste your time list as I dont seem to get calls anymore.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought thatcher stopped all that :lol:

Why do you ask?

It was just a random question to provoke a reaction :lol:

Similar to "look at me i'm all young and trendy and don't use a landline anymore cos its old hat"

I thought it was funny when i posted it but now :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here