Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COG on his way then....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like O'Grady but does he remind anyone else of a really good Sunday League striker...? Even the way he runs and walks looks odd!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Championship clubs? Do you really believe that?

Absoluely I believe that, im sure it was reported at the time he went on loan to Pboro that we turned down several championship sides interest because we did not want to loan to a team in same division.

I think its a bit naive to think there would not be plenty of interest at our level ;-)

Just because we have not used CMS correctly does not mean another championship side wont.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CMS isn't a duffer.

He's not as bad as some would have you believe.
Alternatively he's proven to not be as good as others has said (cough)

CMS has scored and assisted some valuable goals for the Albion, just nowhere near as many as he should have done.

At the time of buying as much as £2.5m is in the real world.
For a striker who appeared to know where the goal was, it's a pittance, supply and demand.

A list of the home grown goal scorers the Albion have produced in my 44 years proves that:-

1)

See a short list :lol:

We took a gamble on CMS after he didn't exactly set The Championship alight during Peterborough's solitary season at this level thinking that Murray would struggle even more to raise his skill and ability. To be a decent striker you need to be able to trap the ball and control where you want it to go next as the second touch. Peterborough sold us a (Labrador) pup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absoluely I believe that, im sure it was reported at the time he went on loan to Pboro that we turned down several championship sides interest because we did not want to loan to a team in same division.

I think its a bit naive to think there would not be plenty of interest at our level ;-)

Just because we have not used CMS correctly does not mean another championship side wont.

Fair enough, we'll see.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CMS isn't a duffer.

CMS has scored and assisted some valuable goals for the Albion, just nowhere near as many as he should have done.

For a striker who appeared to know where the goal was, it's a pittance, supply and demand.

A list of the home grown goal scorers the Albion have produced in my 44 years proves that:-

1)

CHrist on a bike, he is the worst duffer we've had in terms of value for money, and an absolutely terrible footballer at this level. I'd give him 6/10 for his first season here, and you can knock a mark off for each subsequent year that went by. He scored a worldy at Burnley and a lovely finish in the 3-3 against Leeds. Apart from that, he's really done absolutely nothing.

Oct 25, 2003
he's now had several managers who apparently 'haven't used him properly' in this division....surely there comes a time when he simply needs to adapt his game

or is it simply that he's not good enough to change how a team plays to suit him?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was really excited when he signed. And sick to the pit of my stomach on his first game when called on for his first bit of control. He had no first touch.

I creased up when I read someone saying his second touch is always a tackle

Like you, I was thrilled when we signed him and persevered with, despite knowing he had the touch of a heavyweight boxer, right through until coming back from his injury. Now he's even lost his pace as demonstrated by being "overtaken" by Brentford CB's in the cup game.

I now realise the (very very) occasional magical touch is little better than fluke.

As they say on Dragons Den, "I'm out" (maybe Deborah Meadon will take him?)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
CHrist on a bike, he is the worst duffer we've had in terms of value for money, and an absolutely terrible footballer at this level. I'd give him 6/10 for his first season here, and you can knock a mark off for each subsequent year that went by. He scored a worldy at Burnley and a lovely finish in the 3-3 against Leeds. Apart from that, he's really done absolutely nothing.

The assist for Ulloa could have been pretty important (and probably still was from a financial perspective).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give me a chance, I'm new to all of this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He scored a worldy at Burnley and a lovely finish in the 3-3 against Leeds. Apart from that, he's really done absolutely nothing.

"NOTHING" . I guess you're not a fan.
Ok. But that cross for Ulloa against Forest. Responsible for probably single best moment of last season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
CMS isn't a duffer.

1)

You are right, he was prolific in league 1, but that I'm afraid is his comfortable level as he evidently struggles in the championship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If IF NSC is correct :shrug: and Kemy is picking up £10k a week.
He'll have pocketed close on a million from the Albion by the summer.

CMS isn't even the biggest duffer in the current squad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"NOTHING" . I guess you're not a fan.
Ok. But that cross for Ulloa against Forest. Responsible for probably single best moment of last season.

Correct! :lolol: So we now have the goal against Leeds, the goal at Burnley and the cross at Forest. Three golden moments then.

I still maintain you could count the MotM displays on one hand in the 3.5 years he's been here. It's not very good for the most expensive acquisition in club history really, is it?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Correct! :lolol: So we now have the goal against Leeds, the goal at Burnley and the cross at Forest. Three golden moments then.

I still maintain you could count the MotM displays on one hand in the 3.5 years he's been here. It's not very good for the most expensive acquisition in club history really, is it?

perhaps someone could put together a youtube montage of his 'great' moments - might be worth including the goal for the reserves that was on youtube.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
perhaps someone could put together a youtube montage of his 'great' moments - might be worth including the goal for the reserves that was on youtube.

Shouldn't take too long for someone to put together….

Now, what should the soundtrack be?

Running to Stand Still - U2

Chasing Rainbows - Shed Seven

The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shouldn't take too long for someone to put together….

Now, what should the soundtrack be?

Running to Stand Still - U2

Chasing Rainbows - Shed Seven

The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang

Who let the dogs out?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like O'Grady but does he remind anyone else of a really good Sunday League striker...? Even the way he runs and walks looks odd!

The wags (as in those with a humorous quip) said that after the ipswich game (where he was brilliant) he is going to be tired for his sunday league team!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here