Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cockups of recent years

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Surprised no one has actually mentioned about letting Murray go yet, not my own suggestion - but would have been typical NSC to mention it.

Mr Poyet at HT vs Palace in the play-offs at the Amex can be mentioned, it was a fantastic time to rally the team......and we handed it to them on a plate - Barnes hit the crossbar that game too.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
More than one, I expect.

Yeah I just watched the highlights again, he also missed a header at the back post from about 2 yards out. The knee one also happened that game, Buckley shot, came out to Barnes with the whole goal and he stuck it over.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Surprised no one has actually mentioned about letting Murray go yet, not my own suggestion - but would have been typical NSC to mention it.

Mr Poyet at HT vs Palace in the play-offs at the Amex can be mentioned, it was a fantastic time to rally the team......and we handed it to them on a plate - Barnes hit the crossbar that game too.

Woodwork has a good run at the Amex for the opposition. Who is to blame for that?!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Breaking news: Human in 'making an mistake' scandal.

Disgraceful behaviour and must be held against said player(s) as it's totally unacceptable from a Championship (or evern lower) level footballer (when playing for us) and possibly over several thousand minutes of play over their entire Albion career. :facepalm:

It's not like the very top players in the world like Messi (free kick over the bar in the last minute of the WC final) have ever made any 'mistakes' - Oh :nono:

Amazing how this sort of thing is held against a player, yet all the positive things are easily forgotten (match winning / saving performances by Ankergren for example, no - just a couple of unfortunate clearances that should have or could have been dealt with by outfield players first, either before it got to him or afterwards, by closing the opposition players down rather than giving them the time and space to score from)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It might very well be by playing more attacking football, it can force the opponents into mistakes ???

At Championship level it is on the edge.

I do not hold it against a player for making mistakes. But Upson was running it a bit OTT.

I don't think Stephen Ward made mistakes !!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
CMS missing the 1 on 1 against palace in the game at theirs when we had 10 men.
Marcos painter against west ham when he watched the bloke instead of the ball and they scored from it (will say it was a mistake because can't believe he meant to do that)
Wayne bridge switching off for the only time that season in 'that game'

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The entrance for away fans opposite the stairs to the coach park and when we lose having to put up with drunken away fans abuse but when we win its good fun:lolol:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Not particularly recent but choosing the wrong blue for the shirts has to be at or very near the top of any such list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here