Cockiness, bravado or over confidence?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm optimistic rather than confident. Of course we could lose, Arsenal lost against Bradford for god sake.

D

Deleted member 22389

There seem to be an awful lot of people stating how we will win on Monday. My question is, or point is this, is this not exactly the attitude that was showed last season which came back to bite our backsides? I understand a certain degree of confidence, but surely a small dose of humility wouldn't go amiss? At least untill we have achieved something. Maybe it's just me feeling nervous, but this is still very finely balanced, and although quietly confident I certainly wont be shouting about things untill the tie is done and dusted.

Your learn over time and with age to keep your mouth shut. If you dish it out, you got to be prepared to take it back. Agree the match is far from done. Palace will now be out to prove a point on Monday, we cannot relax for a second.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Faith in our team (& club in general) will promote a certain arrogance, as well as the way the season schedule ended.

palace have a degree of it except they have to believe their own eyes that we are way better than the 1-3 horror they imposed at The Amex last season.

Still you have to imagine their intent for Monday will be to WIN
the game. Gus has to instil the fact that we can NOT relax, we will be asked questions and we HAVE TO SCORE GOALS! Goals don't just happen because you are better than them or more confident.
All we can do is support The Albion.
palace will be out to silence the home crowd - don't let them, for any reason.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
As I say I'm quietly confident, and certainly at the moment much more relaxed then yesterday. I just couldn't start singing about Wembley yet, or saying how we're going to tear them a new one just yet. Trouble is I keep thinking back to the 1-3 game and how really we should of been out of sight before they struck back, although that was a very different team and we've progressed so far since then. Even since December we have a much more settled side, and certainly favour our chances, but it's now a cup final with all that it entails. That is the part that makes me nervous now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As the second half showed last night, it will not be easy, however I do have confidence in Gus and the team to get the job done monday night. It maybe just me but I got the feeling Palace threw everything they had at us last night, yet we barely got out of second gear (or whatever motoring type metaphor is appropriate). Over the past ten games the team have given us good reason to feel upbeat our chances, I do not think there is anything arrogant about that.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Faith in our team (& club in general) will promote a certain arrogance, as well as the way the season schedule ended.

palace have a degree of it except they have to believe their own eyes that we are way better than the 1-3 horror they imposed at The Amex last season.

Still you have to imagine their intent for Monday will be to WIN
the game. Gus has to instil the fact that we can NOT relax, we will be asked questions and we HAVE TO SCORE GOALS! Goals don't just happen because you are better than them or more confident.
All we can do is support The Albion.
palace will be out to silence the home crowd - don't let them, for any reason.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
With home advantage and the tie all square, that in it's self will cause confidence to filter round the stadium Monday. palarse(lower case) can be a dangerous team in attack but they can also be found wanting at the back. The confidence comes from knowing we have players who can exploit that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There seem to be an awful lot of people stating how we will win on Monday. My question is, or point is this, is this not exactly the attitude that was showed last season which came back to bite our backsides? I understand a certain degree of confidence, but surely a small dose of humility wouldn't go amiss? At least untill we have achieved something. Maybe it's just me feeling nervous, but this is still very finely balanced, and although quietly confident I certainly wont be shouting about things untill the tie is done and dusted.

The outlook of the fans makes no difference.

Our team is not the team of recent years, or even last year in the main.

At the 3-1 AMEX defeat there was no Kusczak, Bridge, Upson, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Hammond, Crofts or Ulloa.

We are now a very professional outfit, with lots of big game experience, and personally I reckon that we'll be focused and get the job done on Monday.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The 1st half last night showed the gulf in form and confidence and whilst palace upped the intensity in the second half I think they will struggle to sustain that for 90min at the Amex. A palace win is a possibility but I honestly believe if we match our recent home performance our quality will take us through.

The outlook of the fans makes no difference.

Our team is not the team of recent years, or even last year in the main.

At the 3-1 AMEX defeat there was no Kusczak, Bridge, Upson, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Hammond, Crofts or Ulloa.

We are now a very professional outfit, with lots of big game experience, and personally I reckon that we'll be focused and get the job done on Monday.

The confidence and bravado has been rife ever since the 3-0 tonking and the great run of form you've shown since and due to our form and frankly rubbish football recently is it any wonder BHA fans shouldn't be giving it large on Nsc?
Our formation is all over the place as you can see from yesterday but we still pose a threat and who knows?????:mad:
I have at least 30 threads saved just incase we manage to do the impossible and sneak a win:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports