Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coaching - do we do any?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In 4 seasons CMS never improved from appalling with his left or head.
You hear stories about individuals spending an hour on their weaknesses after general training, dedicated to improving
CMS spent that hour in the barbers

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In 4 seasons CMS never improved from appalling with his left or head.
You hear stories about individuals spending an hour on their weaknesses after general training, dedicated to improving
CMS spent that hour in the barbers

And of course, one of the main reasons that David Beckham developed into such a good dead ball player was due to the hours after hour of practice he put in. I'd like to think our supposed dead ball players put in the hours, but I doubt it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No point in having Lancing if all the coaches on the payroll are cocks, Bloom should have paid for top line staff as part of the financing of the project

You assume he knows something about football. We know he can fund it but is he surrounding himself with the right people, it would seem not at the moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We've been very successful in coaching out the talent for which we bought a player,CMS and Baldock being two prime examples,worry is now that players are seeing this and not wanting to come near us with a barge pole.

Genuine question. Are you actually a fan of Brighton and Hove Albion?

Genuine answer ,yes,since 78,
Very disillusioned in the last couple of seasons though,will always have my season ticket but very,very worried in who is actually making the footballing decisions at the moment,something in the last two closed seasons has gone badly wrong.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Perhaps we should get Dean Wilkins back

I take your point, but given that the original post bemoaned our corners and free kicks, I'm not sure Dean Wilkins, scorer of one free kick approximately every three seasons, and master of wafting a corner straight to the first defender, is quite the man for the set piece side of things.

In fact, the more I watch JFC's corners, the more convinced I am that Wendy has already had a hand in his development somewhere along the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here