Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
This won't go down well with everyone. You have produced hard evidence in praising 'the evil' Murray.

But the core stat, considering it is the raison d'etre of their roles, is:

Austin 23
Murray 22

CMS 11

I agree to a point. Its MOSTLY about goals. CMS brings a lot more to the team. Ask pretty much any supporters of other championship clubs and the majority will say his workrate fightens the life out of them.

His goal ratio stacks up against nearly all championship strikers, and despite what the critics on here think, £3m for a 1 in 2 championship striker is not a lot of money. Rhodes cost £7m and his stats are similar to CMS. Austin would be a similar price now and lets not forget he has played 5 games more.

Murray has played 4 games more, plays for a team that creates more and takes the penalties (3 more than CMS so far).

Play 2 wingers and 2 stikers and CMS would have a LOT more goals to his name, Im sure of that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seen his goal on Sky header on by Barnes and he used his pace to beat the def and shoot ... At last a more direct route which suits him
One on one with the keeper?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
CMS scored a very good goal today and by all accounts played well. That does not mean that he has turned into world class striker like some make out. I would still sell him if a decent offer comes in. 1 good game in 10 is just not good enough

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Considering he was playing up top on his own, he had a superb game today. Every time the center halves, full backs, or keeper had the ball they shat themselves.

One thing I did notice, he wasn't around at the end, was he injured when he came off as he certainly didn't look it. Usually the last one around, but was not to be seen at the full time whistle.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On the balance of things he is on a 4 year contract therefore unless silly money he should stay

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
If we are serious about the EPL, tony and Gus should just say no to any potential bidders for any of our squad. Simples !!!!

Sell ;eadong goalscorer huge risk in January.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
CMS scored a very good goal today and by all accounts played well. That does not mean that he has turned into world class striker like some make out. I would still sell him if a decent offer comes in. 1 good game in 10 is just not good enough

So by your reckoning he's had 2.5 good games this season??

That's f***ing amazing, despite playing 20-odd average to shit games this season, he has still managed to score 10-11 goals. And he cost close to £5m LESS than Rhodes at Blackburn.

Unbelievable isn't it???

Change the record you bore.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
CMS definitely put fear into the Ipswich defenders today even before his goal, which he took beautifully.

The Albion played well but it was a poor Ipswich side and while 0-3 was a great result we probably should have punished them with one or two more goals. CMS looked hungry for more but second half when we were attacking the end where our supporters were side on to the pitch you could see just how many through balls for CMS were getting overhit and inspite of his pace he had no chance of getting onto them. The only through ball that was better paced was ironically underhit and he had already beaten the final defender but the ball was behind him. On todays evidence the guy could have been up there with 20 goals already and the vocal support given to him was superb.

Sadly KLL couldn't get into the game (and maybe picked up a knock?) which was a shame as Ipswich looked so vulnerable to pace. Pity Buckley wasn't fit as he would have enjoyed himself. Hoskins looked sharp and we should have put him in on goal twice but again one final ball was underhit. While probably the best chance of all was I think Hoskins but impeded by Dobbie or Barnes as they had a 2 on 1 with the Ipswich keeper, shades of the Buckley/CMS comedy tangle a couple of weeks ago.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Considering he was playing up top on his own, he had a superb game today. Every time the center halves, full backs, or keeper had the ball they shat themselves.

One thing I did notice, he wasn't around at the end, was he injured when he came off as he certainly didn't look it. Usually the last one around, but was not to be seen at the full time whistle.

Him and LuaLua both went with physios down the tunnel when they came off.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Maybe it helped that we played to his strengths today and we, as a team, actually tried to help him. Barnes is key to CMS playing well in my opinion. He links up play much better than he gets credit for and his flick for the goal was lovely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
CMS is a ridiculously frustrating player. He can score goals that others are simply incapable of scoring, especially the sort that require a large degree of athleticism. However, paradoxically I personally would not trust him to tuck away the most simple of chances. This is why so many of our fans are fed up with him.

His conversion rate of presentable chances must be among the lowest in the league, yet there will be very few players who will have a highlights reel as impressive looking as his. Odd.

Really not sure whether or not we should get rid, but if we do then we need a replacement lined up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here