Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Today

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I am a big CMS fan but today his touch was atrocious and he dwelt far to long on the ball . Hoskins comes on and shows him how to play off the last man and bangs it in.
Time for a change maybe ?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yep. I'd love to see Hoskins have a proper run of games up top. I'm not jumping on the "CMS is shit" bandwagon but I do think we should mix it up a touch. I'm still a believer that Hoskins with Dobbie/Orlandi just behind will be pure sex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am a big CMS fan but today his touch was atrocious and he dwelt far to long on the ball . Hoskins comes on and shows him how to play off the last man and bangs it in.
Time for a change maybe ?

CMS touch has totally deserted him at present, dreadful

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. I'd love to see Hoskins have a proper run of games up top. I'm not jumping on the "CMS is shit" bandwagon but I do think we should mix it up a touch. I'm still a believer that Hoskins with Dobbie/Orlandi just behind will be pure sex.

I'm with Mr Grey (this one, not the one from the books, of course)

Stumpy Tim

I'm very much in the "time to move CMS on" camp, but I'm quite surprised he's getting a hard time about today. I thought he actually played quite well. His touch was pretty good, especially in the first half. I've certainly seen him play a lot worse. I also thought Hoskins lost the ball a few times... if he hadn't scored I don't think people would be jumping on the bandwagon quite as much.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Ulloa signing... he's going to be exactly what we need

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think CMS is definitely worth keeping for the qualities he has, imagine how much of a nightmare he'd be coming on for the last 20 against tired legs? But Hoskins deserves a run in the side, not 1 game and out again, 3-4.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
CMS is a class act but is suffering up front on his own. He will find form again this season have no fear..he was on FIRE for the first quarter season but (by his own admission) is going through a dip. Add to this he is not getting the type of srvice

It just takes a tiny bit of confidence, or even luck, to get him motoring again then we can have some bloody P&Q around here for a while.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
More unfair criticism for CMS again, with people failing to see what else his game adds to us as an attacking side.

Take the goal scored by Orlandi, CMS made a run that dragged the central defender towards him and left a large gap for Orlandi to score from but CMS was also there ready to pounce if Orlandi couldn't turn to convert his chance.

He drags opposition players out of position, hassles defenders and gives them little time to dwell on the ball and so on so its not fair just to judge him on his goal returns because he adds something extra to our attack as well as having scored 11 in 22.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Another game where he tried his ballerina impression to win free kicks.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I'm very much in the "time to move CMS on" camp, but I'm quite surprised he's getting a hard time about today. I thought he actually played quite well. His touch was pretty good, especially in the first half. I've certainly seen him play a lot worse. I also thought Hoskins lost the ball a few times... if he hadn't scored I don't think people would be jumping on the bandwagon quite as much.

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Ulloa signing... he's going to be exactly what we need

I'm very much in the "love him to bits but can't for the life of me explain his poor first touch and perhaps it's time to rest him" camp. His running off the ball and drawing defenders is good but we need more than that and the piss-poor Newcastle defence had no problem with him today.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

I'm very much in the "love him to bits but can't for the life of me explain his poor first touch and perhaps it's time to rest him" camp. His running off the ball and drawing defenders is good but we need more than that and the piss-poor Newcastle defence had no problem with him today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:clap:

CMS' first touches - first half

Good 8
Attacking 1 (first time cross)
Meh 1 (header attempting to loop over defender to Barnes).
Poor 1 (which was actually a shocking 3rd touch after some nice control)

Second half

Good 2
Attacking 1
Meh 0
Poor 1

Whichever way you cut it, 4 touches in the second half isn't right.

But as Stumpy said CMS' touch was pretty good today, I don't think any calls were 'rose tinted'.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought he played well today, but he's not a particularly clever striker. He looked alright playing his normal game against a defence that was probably mid table championship standard.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Obviously didn't notice that the only time we came under pressure was after Macca went off? We lost our shape and rhythm.. Macca is an important part of how Gus sets us up to play whether you see that or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand why people are criticizing CMS because as a team we looked and performed much better when he was on the pitch and lost our way when he went off. I believe that eventually him and Hoskins will be the partnership but apart from the goal that he took very well Hoskins didn't perform at all and was very slow and lost the ball too many times. His general hold up play and control was poor in comparison to CMS.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Not by any means a big CMS fan, but I thought we were a better side today with him on the pitch. Hoskins was out-muscled on 2 or 3 occasions which left us under pressure. That said, Hoskins came good with the goal. TBH, they're both decent strikers but neither of them are good enough to be our main striker long term if we want to be a top Championship/Prem side..

Stumpy Tim

Obviously didn't notice that the only time we came under pressure was after Macca went off? We lost our shape and rhythm.. Macca is an important part of how Gus sets us up to play whether you see that or not.

I would argue against that to be honest. We became complacent when Ameobi was sent off and our passing became slack - I think CMS was taken off to get more stickiness upfront, and it took ten minutes to pay off

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Surely it's all about rotation at this level now
Man utd have Welbeck , van Persie , Hernandez & Rooney
All can't play week in week out
So having Cms , Barnes , Dobbie & Hoskins is where gus will have to learn to keep rotating the right options all 4 will sometime throughout the season play a key role Cms last week at Ipswich Hoskins coming on as a sub today probably Dobbie will be the hero next week against Derby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here