CMS Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
good to c Barnes take a leaf out of CMS book and chasing the ball down which led to ther keepers poor clearance and the Noone goal

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
He wasn't as good as he has been, but I'd put that down more to the fact that the Peterborough team know exactly how he plays and how to play against him.

Seagulls14

Jul 31, 2011
Great to see CMS get such a warm reception from the Peterborough fans both before the game and when he was substituted. Somehow I don't think that Glenn Murray will get such a warm welcome when he returns here in a few weeks time despite scoring 56 goals for the Albion!:p
Very true, i certainly wont be giving him a warm welcome :p

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Thought CMS & Barnes had their quietest games so far this season. Both were well marked.....allowing our midfield to come forward, which they did with aplomb!

Agree with that- they both lacked their usual spark. It was good to see the goals coming from elsewhere though

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Not quite the same today, didn't seem to chase everything down like he normally does, don't blame him though.". How would we feel if Zamora did that.

He played his best he looked knackered at the end i fcuking love him he was last off of the pitch again CMS CMS CMS

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
The header that he missed he tried to be too clever and try and nod it down into the near post and fool the keeper, no way would he have missed that on purpose at such an inconsequential stage of the season (ie had he scored it would not have relegated boro for instance) and in any case he is too professional for that. I just thought he wasn't given the ball very often today as we spent much of the game battling in midfield hence why he didn't seem as involved.

Seagulls14

Jul 31, 2011
Agree with Kazenga <3. Yh no way he missed that on purpose. even though peterborough hav a place in his heart he wuld want to get as many goals as possible and is to proffesional to do anything like that.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Hmmm, I'm going to be polite and say maybe he was knackered from Tuesday or maybe he was cleverly marked, but he didn't look interested at any point today. There's plenty of room for sentimentality in football - if you score then don't celebrate, fair enough and personally I agree, but to not look like you're not trying is HUGELY disrespectful to the people who are paying your (substantial) wages.

As I said, I'll put it down to his phenomenal workrate for 120 minutes against Sunderland.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought from the start it would be one of those games where he'd hit a hatrick or do nothing, Sadly it was the 2nd. Great reception for him from the Posh fans though.

Exactly the quote my Dad said before hand - hatrick or nothing! I don't think it was a lack of interest today, he just looked tired and didn't have the best of games. Oh well - we won!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I honestly don't think he looked disinterested or anything, he held the ball up pretty well a lot of the time. As others have said, I think the reason he was perhaps less effective today is because a lot of the game was played in the midfield and we didn't get all that much good service up to him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I bet it was an emotionally draining match for CMS, playing against former team mates, made worse by playing extra time on Tuesday too. Hardly surprising he was fatigued.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He was just knackered from tuesday, and it was hardly surprising, any suggestion he wasnt trying or wasnt up for it is utter crap.

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Give the guy a break - he has one 'quiet' game against players who know his game inside out and all of a sudden he's colluding with the opposition and disrespecting the club?!?

I bet it was an emotionally draining match for CMS, playing against former team mates, made worse by playing extra time on Tuesday too. Hardly surprising he was fatigued.

Surely it was the combination of this and the ridiculous shift he's put in EVERY other game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports