Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS To Sunderland?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think that maybe CMS would of scored 20 goals in the season he was injured I think he scored 12 before his injury, Ulloa scores 16 in almost a full season and everyone creams themselves over him. :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree, 3.25 million quid footballers being paid shit loads of money every week CANNOT be expected to adapt their style and fit into another system.

I mean, it's not like any other football player anywhere has ever been asked to do it.

Moronic post. Gus bought CMS. Said he would build the team around him, then proceeded to use him in EXACTLY the wrong way.

I presume you would play Messi as a goalkeeper and ask him to adapt!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I admire the optimism and hope he comes good, but, what is it based on? Good player (or at least good goal scorer) at league 1 level but has failed to adapt to the higher level to date and I have seen nothing that suggests he will be able to

We'll see...

Hopefully.

I've seen plenty to suggest that, assuming Sami uses him in the right way, CMS will hit the net regularly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He didn't deliver for Peterborough when they got promoted to the Championship and got relegated, before he came to us.

In a poor team he scored not many goals. What a shocker that is!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that maybe CMS would of scored 20 goals in the season he was injured I think he scored 12 before his injury, Ulloa scores 16 in almost a full season and everyone creams themselves over him. :shrug:

Careful, you'll upset the NSC clique and their received wisdom. You show signs of thinking for yourself. Very dangerous. 'Group-think' is the only acceptable way forward on here!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Probably answers why we are chasing Baldock, But unless we relent a little wages wise we could miss out on him as well

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]486226319097995264[/tweet]

Is that a reliable source? Can't be right, surely; the NSC in-crowd have pronounced CMS as 'sh1t'!

Careful, you'll upset the NSC clique and their received wisdom. You show signs of thinking for yourself. Very dangerous. 'Group-think' is the only acceptable way forward on here!

A few people have a different opinion to you and it's "group think"

Are you Hybrids second account?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's total BS according to the Sunderland forum. They say the guy who is responsible for the transfer tweet is a Newcastle fan.

photo.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's total BS according to the Sunderland forum. They say the guy who is responsible for the transfer tweet is a Newcastle fan.

photo.jpg

I also saw Sunderland fans in a downer about CMS. Ranging from never heard of him, to mocking the England C and Scotland caps, to saying it would reflect very badly on Poyet's judgement if he recruited CMS for them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We'll see...

Hopefully.

I've seen plenty to suggest that, assuming Sami uses him in the right way, CMS will hit the net regularly.

What would they be? To me I saw a player try very hard but struggle to get the better of better defenders with his poor touch and positional sense.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A few people have a different opinion to you and it's "group think"

Are you Hybrids second account?

Who is Hybrid? And don't be so sensitive.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What would they be? To me I saw a player try very hard but struggle to get the better of better defenders with his poor touch and positional sense.

The modern game is about pace. Move the ball to CMS (who has pace in abundance) quickly, and watch him score. I'm encouraged by Sami's immediate spotting of the fact that under both Gus and Oscar we transitioned defence -> attack far too slowly. He (CMS) is a good finisher IMHO, but had the confidence kicked out of him with Gus' insistence on playing him in a lone striker role (when he played him at all).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This totally.

But CMS is meant to be a nice bloke and can chase down opponents for England.

Don't get me wrong I really hope he shows me (and others obviously) that he is a quality player and can fire us up the league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here