Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Peterborough?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Any decent offer (1 million +) and I think we should snap their hands off can't see it happening though

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we could have done and could do a lot better with the money.

He's impossible to dislike, I just don't think he's quite good enough. I certainly won't object to him staying.

I think the big question is why Poyet chose to spend money on a player who didn't fit his system. Poyet's signings tended to fit the system we played but with CMS it's a bit of a mystery as his thrives on teams getting the ball forward quickly.

Hopefully under Hyypia, he can prove he is good enough in the right system and earn a new deal. Would be a real shame to sell him when we're finally looking like playing to his strengths.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Would be a real shame to sell him when we're finally looking like playing to his strengths.

Not if we use the money to get someone in with the same qualities that's got a decent first touch and can finish. I completely agree that Poyet buying him was baffling but we've seen enough of him now to know that there are some serious holes in his game.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Some right pussies on this thread. A move for CMS in this window, would likely depend on us signing someone better. We have 3 titches plus COG. This might work in a run around like crazy sort of way, but it might not. Someone quick and tall would make more sense at this stage and selling CMS might be enough to get one more deal across the line.

If we can. Team full of short arses and right peggers. Quantity now in, just quality now. Or quality in the gaps where it is deficient.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not if we use the money to get someone in with the same qualities that's got a decent first touch and can finish. I completely agree that Poyet buying him was baffling but we've seen enough of him now to know that there are some serious holes in his game.

We haven't seen him play in the right system. I'm really hopeful he won't be so isolated in the new system (even Ulloa had that problem and he's now a Premier League player) and will get more chance to play to his strengths.

We'll see anyway. Maybe you're right and it's just the fact that I really like him as a player that is blinding me to his weaknesses.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I hope not as I feel he is really up for it this season and the styke of play will suit him better, also I thought I read that Sami wanted to rotate his sqaud so other teams wouldnt know how we were playing or the team sheet until the day of the game? If thats true we will need CMS

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Imagine letting go the man who is finally starting to thrive after 3 hard seasons.

Best bet if he got a hatrick on Saturday and that would up the price. Peterborough must have some spare change in their bank account.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I hope he stays and does well. I think optimism is obviously raised for this season.

Saturday is obviously a tough test, they are on a good run at the moment (believe they are favourites) - still loads of tickets available.

It would be good if BBB started looking at contracts in November so that we avoid the problems we have had in January and next summer again.

I guess if Tony is betting on us going up and if it looks a possibility, he knows we will have to buy in new players for the premiership so will not want to commit to extending contracts!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I love CMS, but a Million Pound offer and he is off, plain and simple.

He is in his last year, the wrong side of 30, and is a high earner.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Peterboro appear to be looking elsewhere....

1. Gateshead attacker Marcus Maddison (signed)
http://www.theposh.com/news/article/20140827-former-magpie-maddison-joins-posh-1879356.aspx

2. Inverness Caledonian attacker Billy McKay (offer rejected currently)

3. Hartlepool United striker Luke James (bid rejected currently)
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-utd/peterborough-united-target-luke-james-back-at-work-but-what-s-the-future-of-the-hartlepool-united-striker-1-6806686

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Double post

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Who would want to spend 1 million on a 30 year old who can't make the grade in the championship?

Unbelievable if true but being realistic, CMS leaving on a free next summer seems more likely.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I suspect he will be offered a contract extension between now and Xmas.

If he accepts all well and good, if not he will be gone via the January window.

TB

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We haven't seen him play in the right system. I'm really hopeful he won't be so isolated in the new system (even Ulloa had that problem and he's now a Premier League player) and will get more chance to play to his strengths.

We'll see anyway. Maybe you're right and it's just the fact that I really like him as a player that is blinding me to his weaknesses.

That sums up pretty well what I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here