Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Positioning

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Now we all know he had a bad game but if you are the lone striker in a system that you've been playing for a couple of years, surely staying up top instead of constantly coming deep would be a good start. CMS's game is about playing off the shoulder and yet all I see him do is run about a lot and/or ending up in midfield leaving us with no attack outlet apart from Buckley or Lua Lua's pace to break down the opposition.

New striker please Gus. Wood would be a good start. Thanks.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Glad you are all coming around to my way of thinking last season you all slagged me off for it

I don't understand what you're saying most of the time, but that's because i don't speak RETARDEEZE.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What's the point of "constantly staying up top" if you aren't going to get the ball?

CMS is not a lone striker, it's just another embarrassing tactical decision by the manager and all to easy to blame the player with the inflated price tag.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
What's the point of "constantly staying up top" if you aren't going to get the ball?

CMS is not a lone striker, it's just another embarrassing tactical decision by the manager and all to easy to blame the player with the inflated price tag.

this.

I'd imagine his pre match brief was to track back come and collect the ball , lay it off and to let buckers run beyond you. Also be a handful and make space. Granted he wasn't at his best but to get rid would be a mistake. Brighton need his energy up top

Tell me one player in world that has never had bad games, missed chances or mis-controlled the ball?? shit happens.

It was only the other week everyone was going on how good CMS control was.when he brought the ball down from a 80yd punt and then laid it off

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Correct.

What a load of shit. I swear people who start threads like this have never actually played the game. The fact that he comes deep to collect the ball might even be quite appreciated if he didn't have the touch of a blind rapist.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm now convinced his game is all about latching on to a through ball or one over the top. Any ball sent directly at him can end up pretty well anywhere and isn't recommended. You can't help but admire the bloke's heart but I'm not seeing the value in his performances

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Correct.

What a load of shit. I swear people who start threads like this have never actually played the game. The fact that he comes deep to collect the ball might even be quite appreciated if he didn't have the touch of a blind rapist.

If you are the only striker, I think it's best to stay in a place where others can pass to you ie: in the position that a striker should be in. It's not rocket science. I have played the game thanks. Have you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here