CMS on Seagull Player

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I need to cut the bloke some slack. I saw something in him on Tuesday night that has slightly changed my opinion of him. He has added another dimension to his game, his touch has improved and his running with the ball has massively improved. He will always judged on scoring goals, but as long as he puts a shift in like he has the last couple of games I will be more than happy.

Dec 29, 2011
To be fair, although I think his composure and finishing is pretty poor for a championship striker, I did notice the other day that when he got the ball he was always surrounded by three defenders and he had literally no-one to pass to because he was always so isolate. What the hell is he suppose to do when there is no support? We just need another person upfront that can drag a defender away from CMS and/or give him a passing option, at the moment it's all too easy to mark CMS out of the game without worrying about a second striker.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I need to cut the bloke some slack. I saw something in him on Tuesday night that has slightly changed my opinion of him. He has added another dimension to his game, his touch has improved and his running with the ball has massively improved. He will always judged on scoring goals, but as long as he puts a shift in like he has the last couple of games I will be more than happy.

Blimey! you feeling alright? :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do you not remember our winner against Forest when CMS was the only one left trying, beat his man at put a cross in for Vincelot/Buckley to finish off? It wasn't the sort of play from a one trick pony.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Do you not remember our winner against Forest when CMS was the only one left trying, beat his man at put a cross in for Vincelot/Buckley to finish off? It wasn't the sort of play from a one trick pony.

Did i say he was a 1 trick pony?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
All this moaning about not having a striker reminds me of 2 seasons ago when the same whine was going all pre season...we ended up with the 2 strikers we already had getting 40 odd goals between them.Stick Barnes alongside Cms, instead of playing him like some sort of midfielder, as a dual focal point and we're in business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did i say he was a 1 trick pony?
I'm not suggesting you did, but there's been a lot of talk of CMS not being good enough because people think he has poor touch and control and is only able to get on the end of inch perfect through balls.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
He reminds me of Tevez when he first went to Man City or Bellamy when he was there, such a good work rate if he went we would definitely miss him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

That was one of the most outrageous things to happen last season. CMS spent the entire game being bullied by Wes Morgan, but the 1 time he got away was in stoppage time running furiously fast a fresh player and hitting in a cross before collapsing! Amazing

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think the key is in Gus's Seagulls World interview where he alludes that it has taken us a while, but he thinks he has figured out how to fit Buckley and CMS in to his style, and I thought we saw that in patches on Tuesday night.

That said, we still need a Heskey type player who can hold hold up play and give the likes of CMS the knock downs that they thrive on.

CMS was indeed impressive in the Interview. He's gonna score tomorrow, I can feel it in my water :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports