Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Must Start Against Yeovil

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Lopez? During the time he was once again he chickened out of a challenge. I hope he never gets on again, it was a mistake to sign him, and it is a shame that all the good work he did last year, has been undone by the rubbish he's produced this season.

CMS........ maybe, at least he has a sense of urgency.

I'm not sure if Lingard's loan arrangement permits him to be left out.

Lopez also did a great ball from the middle of the pitch which landed at Wards feet who was to the left of the penalty area. He may not be the the best tackler (he wasn't a bad right back though) but he will do a cross, pass or shot which will could change the game.

But I agree about CMS's sense of urgency. It's nice to have someone chasing the ball at every opportunity. It was good to see him going for the bicycle kick and he had one decent header. I'd like to see him start. Even if he only plays less than 60 minutes.

I'd also like to see Calderon playing rather then Bruno. As good as Bruno can be, Calderon brings that bit more passion to the team and is dangerous in the box.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lopez also did a great ball from the middle of the pitch which landed at Wards feet who was to the left of the penalty area. He may not be the the best tackler (he wasn't a bad right back though) but he will do a cross, pass or shot which will could change the game.

But I agree about CMS's sense of urgency. It's nice to have someone chasing the ball at every opportunity. It was good to see him going for the bicycle kick and he had one decent header. I'd like to see him start. Even if he only plays less than 60 minutes.

I'd also like to see Calderon playing rather then Bruno. As good as Bruno can be, Calderon brings that bit more passion to the team and is dangerous in the box.

Spot on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You're right he did do a good pass, that must be 4 for this season. :smile: He's a shadow of the player from last year, even when he did play right back this year, which I agree he excelled at last year, he was useless.

I simply do not think Calderon is even close to Bruno in terms of ability, so would never play him. However, I think he may might be a better midfield option than Andrews....... Just a thought/

It's interesting the number of comments on Radio Sussex post match stating they felt Lua Lua dived and cheated a lot

Probably all the people listening on their radios at home. He was just the type of ref alas who believes body checks and obstruction are part of the game, the worse type we could have got against the Blackpook cloggers intent on piling up yellows to earn a point.

I desperately want poor Ulloa to get some support, he got nothing today from the midfielders. But am on fence if CMS can do that effectively, didnt look that great today. But I guess we have no one else

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Most teams try to get a number of players who are capable of scoring goals on the pitch together. I really can't understand why our tactic seems to be to select one goalscorer and surround him with a number of individuals who have shown themselves to be incapable of contributing anything in this department. If you ignore Ulloa, we consistently put out teams with barely a goal between them all season. Just look around the eleven that started today.

LuaLua - no goals.
Andrews - one goal.
March - no goals.
Lingard - two goals.
Stephens - no goals until today.
And then you have Buckley who hasn't scored against anyone but Bolton, Lopez who has a couple and Rodriguez who has one.

So on that basis, I want to see CMS in the team as soon as possible. Whatever people say about him, the fact is he had 11 goals in 30ish games last season before he got injured, and we would KILL for someone with anything like that record at the moment.

Not wishing to be pedantic...but Stephens has scored before today :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're right he did do a good pass, that must be 4 for this season. :smile: He's a shadow of the player from last year, even when he did play right back this year, which I agree he excelled at last year, he was useless.

I simply do not think Calderon is even close to Bruno in terms of ability, so would never play him. However, I think he may might be a better midfield option than Andrews....... Just a thought/

Please elaborate on why Bruno is better. Is it his poor crossing, the fact he has scored so many less than Calderón, his inability to close down a player without fouling him , his link up play with Buckley is worse or finally he lacks the drive and passion that Calderón has in abundance?? Please tell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Delivers a better ball than Calderon, defensively we concede less from the right when he plays. People say Bruno backs off, but he doesn't commit, whereas Calderon does and leaves himself exposed. Penalty or not prime example Bournemouth home. Scoring goals is a bonus for a RB and Calderon does have the edge in that dept.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Delivers a better ball than Calderon, defensively we concede less from the right when he plays. People say Bruno backs off, but he doesn't commit, whereas Calderon does and leaves himself exposed. Penalty or not prime example Bournemouth home. Scoring goals is a bonus for a RB and Calderon does have the edge in that dept.

I don't understand how Calderon making a good tackle against Bournemouth that the referee made an incorrect decision on is an example of being exposed.

Calderon lifts the team and will always give his all. And goals aren't a bonus for defenders. The team can't rely on the attacking players to score all the goals. Defenders need to chip in to. Calderon has scored some important goals for us. Calderon is even encouraging and helping the team whilst warming up as a sub. He is the sort of player the team needs.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And that little opinion is based on what exactly?
That is based on that Ulloa clearly is not suited to playing as a lone striker. It is based on that CMS has prven in the past he works and scores goals as part of a partnership. It is based on whenever anyone is close to Ulloa, things look like happening, more than when Ulloa is flicking on balls pumped up to his head, into space where no Brighton player is within 20 years of him. It is based on our shots on target to possession ratio is shockingly poor. Is it based on the last time we had a partnership, Murray and Barnes, they scored hatfulls between them, and finally it is based on IMO Ulloa is twice the player Murray is, and CMS is at least the player Barnes is.... if played to his strengths. At the moment neither of them are/will be nearly as effiective playing their current roles, because they are not suited. Play them as a partnership, allow the wingers or full back to supply them with ammo, and IMO played together against the team at the bottom of the table, they will teat them apart.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't understand how Calderon making a good tackle against Bournemouth that the referee made an incorrect decision on is an example of being exposed.

Calderon lifts the team and will always give his all. And goals aren't a bonus for defenders. The team can't rely on the attacking players to score all the goals. Defenders need to chip in to. Calderon has scored some important goals for us. Calderon is even encouraging and helping the team whilst warming up as a sub. He is the sort of player the team needs.

Because by diving in he made the referee make a decision.

Encouragement from the sideline is irrelevant.

In terms of a RB scoring of course it is a bonus, they are not exactly prolific, so Calderon chipping is valuable, however his primary duty is to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here