Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS back today

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Starkey will be a top player in time, you heard it here first.

From last week's youtube match I thought he looks like another JFC in the making. The left back looks nippy and young Davies looked lively when he came on. Who do you think are the top prospects ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
From last week's youtube match I thought he looks like another JFC in the making. The left back looks nippy and young Davies looked lively when he came on. Who do you think are the top prospects ?

Difficult to say at this stage of their careers. I have seen some excellent performances from most of the youngsters during the season but consistency is what will take them forward going by what I've overheard. Robbie Deen plays right back and captains the U18's normally. He's been moved up to the 21's now and is a solid performer week in week out. There's another lad that I won't name but he is fantastic every time I see him play. His problem may be his size. He's only about 5'3" I think and this may hold him back as a central midfielder. The 18's right winger also could go far Jimmy Muitt, if he continues as he has so far this season.

The club are brilliant in how they handle these boys in terms of professionalism and coaching and with the new training complex almost complete I can foresee a very bright future for our academy set up.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Difficult to say at this stage of their careers. I have seen some excellent performances from most of the youngsters during the season but consistency is what will take them forward going by what I've overheard. Robbie Deen plays right back and captains the U18's normally. He's been moved up to the 21's now and is a solid performer week in week out. There's another lad that I won't name but he is fantastic every time I see him play. His problem may be his size. He's only about 5'3" I think and this may hold him back as a central midfielder. The 18's right winger also could go far Jimmy Muitt, if he continues as he has so far this season.

The club are brilliant in how they handle these boys in terms of professionalism and coaching and with the new training complex almost complete I can foresee a very bright future for our academy set up.

Assume I'm thinking of the same lad as you only looks about 13

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Anything on twitter from the man himself?

Craig Mackail-Smith ‏@12CMS12
"What a great feeling 2 b back playing football again 25 minutes with u21s is a good start. Look forward 2 my next run out & more minutes"

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Excellent news. I've been critical of CMS in the past but i think it's more to wanting him succeed. I hope he flourishes under Oscar as CMS is a likelable player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here