Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I think Bournemouth or any other club may be within their rights to say no you can't have this and blame data protection.

Imagine just for a moment if you're a married man, you told your wife you were going to the Bournemouth game but instead you spent the night with your girlfriend. Shortly you will be getting a letter through your door asking why you weren't there.

I'm not a data protection expert but I suspect you would have a very good legal case against Bournemouth asking why they think they can share this data with BHA, the club employees and ultimately your wife.

*i was there with Mrs Giraffe so I'm alright Jack!

Surely the letter would be addressed to you though, not to Mrs Giraffe. By the same logic she could open any of your post and find out personal stuff.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Btw I believe in Liverpool, families have ST for decades, even though the actually owner of one may have passed away! They just pass them down the family. Not sure how that would pan out under our system, when the club realise that uncle bob has a perfect loyalty tally but is actually deceased.

Im sure they had a S/T amnesty a few years ago as they had thousands of fans over 100 years old attending every game :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't help but think Barber is now wishing he'd just said "We ****ed up on the loyalty points for these cup games, we'll take a look at how we allocate for these specific games."

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Im sure they had a S/T amnesty a few years ago as they had thousands of fans over 100 years old attending every game :lol:
Yes they did but it still goes on. Can't really see what the problem is, I think a family having the same ticket for generations is something quite special. Even one big extended family clubbing together for two ST and then going to every game home and away, seriously what is the problem with that. As I mentioned earlier if Man United away in the FA Cup comes along then those two ST get a chance to phone the club on the first wave of sales because they have maximum loyalty points. The family then decides which two members of the family go. It's not rocket science the club has got this wrong and they are making something very simple way too complicated. We should be celebrating generations of one family wanting to go to the match not sending them interrogating letters.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes they did but it still goes on. Can't really see what the problem is, I think a family having the same ticket for generations is something quite special. Even one big extended family clubbing together for two ST and then going to every game home and away, seriously what is the problem with that. As I mentioned earlier if Man United away in the FA Cup comes along then those two ST get a chance to phone the club on the first wave of sales because they have maximum loyalty points. The family then decides which two members of the family go. It's not rocket science the club has got this wrong and they are making something very simple way too complicated. We should be celebrating generations of one family wanting to go to the match not sending them interrogating letters.

Totally agree.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Can't help but think Barber is now wishing he'd just said "We ****ed up on the loyalty points for these cup games, we'll take a look at how we allocate for these specific games."

This. All that is required is to say "we [the club] f****d up, we've learnt the lesson and we'll be looking very
closely at the points allocation for games in future because OUR system has been abused".

But no - the heavy-handed, clumsy response seems to have prevailed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
These are football tickets mate, not eggs. Your analogy doesn’t really work. Apples and Oranges.

So they can check if I ate my fruit but not dairy products ?

The DPA needs updating.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. All that is required is to say "we [the club] f****d up, we've learnt the lesson and we'll be looking very
closely at the points allocation for games in future because OUR system has been abused".

But no - the heavy-handed, clumsy response seems to have prevailed.

The points for cup games have been exactly the same for six years, and were just incorporated into the new scheme, where the only difference was allocation of points to season ticket holders.

Because we are now in the 'glamour' league, fans have tried to take advantage, so it isn't the club's fault. Blame the glory hunters.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Barber. Admitting that the club had anything to do with the fiasco? It's never going to happen.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The points for cup games have been exactly the same for six years, and were just incorporated into the new scheme, where the only difference was allocation of points to season ticket holders.

Because we are now in the 'glamour' league, fans have tried to take advantage, so it isn't the club's fault. Blame the glory hunters.

But Thunder - you've just explained more eloquently than I did why and how the club f****d up. Failure to appreciate the club's context.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tosh. My Dad died in 1998, but never needed a season ticket, because he paid on the gate. When I was a kid, only rich people had season tickets.

It's only because the club has an interest free direct debit system now, that many fans can afford to have one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Is the right answer........

People have seriously abused the system and personally those that did the same for the Barnet game should also be receiving a letter and if there is a genuine reason then you can write back and explain.

As always a minority has now spoilt it for the majority however there needs to be much better options if you do buy an away ticket and genuinely cannot attend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But Thunder - you've just explained more eloquently than I did why and how the club f****d up. Failure to appreciate the club's context.

The club messed up because they trusted fans? Ok, it takes blame shifting to another level, on your part.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Stupid comment. Glory Hunters? Many who chose to take advantage of an opportunity to compensate for previous long term loyalties being erased are far from glory hunters. As you well know. You're acting like a real busy body over this.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stupid comment. Glory Hunters? Many who chose to take advantage of an opportunity to compensate for previous long term loyalties being erased are far from glory hunters. As you well know. You're acting like a real busy body over this.

Previous long term loyalties? Those who held a season ticket at Withdean for more than ten years were rewarded when we moved into the Amex.

This loyalty scheme is dated just six years and quite rightly. We've been in the Championship for that length of time.

A real busy body? :lolol: I am a fan of over 50 years, and have as much interest in the club as anyone. I think you are just trying to insult me, because you don't like what I'm saying. I actually think it's funny, because if you have to resort to that, it means I've struck a nerve, eh?

If that's being a busy body, long may it continue.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The club messed up because they trusted fans? Ok, it takes blame shifting to another level, on your part.

Yes. And as you pointed out - we are in the PL now. Anyone i.e., the club, who couldn't see this
coming is a fool [foolish]. Yes, the actions of fans was selfish and very sad really - but it could have been
avoided with a teeny bit of pure common sense and understanding of human nature.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes. And as you pointed out - we are in the PL now. Anyone i.e., the club, who couldn't see this
coming is a fool [foolish]. Yes, the actions of fans was selfish and very sad really - but it could have been
avoided with a teeny bit of pure common sense and understanding of human nature.

Common sense applies both ways. Those who harvested points, were depriving their fellow fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here