Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Text confirms Vokes on loan for remainder of the season

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
From various Wolves forums:

"I reckon he has more to offer than Keogh or maybe even SEB, so would rather one of them went first."
"Rather sad IMO, he's not had a fair crack under MM"
"Rather keep him and send Ebanks Blake there."
"I think Vokes could be a good player given time but sadly he has turned out yet another player that has never made it for one reason or another and unless Wolves could sell at a profit just another waste."
"He changed the game against Swansea but that probably doesn't count in some people's eyes as they're just a Championship team that will go down!
"I think Vokes has the kind of game that will improve with age like Kevin Davies and Teddy Sheringham but he needs regular football. If he stays fit I think he'll be around the Pl or upper Championship for many years to come."

Seems to be all positive stuff coming from their fans.
I'm really excited by this- I think Poyet will be able to get the best out of him- if any manager outside of the top division can, it is Gus.
I've also read that we have a £500k future fee in place, which could well represent a bargain.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Always rated Sam Vokes at Bournemouth, got unlucky with injuries at Wolves and was behind Fletcher, Ebanks Blake and Doyle in the pecking order. Seems to do well for Wales when he plays.

Looking forward to seeing him play and will hopefully free up CMS to score some more goals.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
When Lua Lua signed it wasn't publicly mentioned that a permanent deal was in place but there clearly was so I wouldn't read too much into it. Mcarthy has made it clear that he wanted Vokes to find a permanent home and not go out on a short term loan again so I suspect a deal is in place.

I posted yesterday that Wolves' fans reckon a fee has been agreed around £500K

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Knew he did well for Bournemouth, but I first remember properly noticing him in his first season at Wolves (08/09). Made a decent impression in the Championship for them aged 18/19 - scored a quality brace away at Charlton I recall. Never really had the chance to prove himself in the Prem, but is a very solid signing for us at this level. He's got a big frame on him, aerially very good and is quite technical for a target man (similar to Murray in that sense). On a different level to Paynter in every sense, so have no doubts he'll provide a much better foil for CMS.

Keeping him in one place and giving him a regular run of games will only help him as well.

Last edited:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
When Lua Lua signed it wasn't publicly mentioned that a permanent deal was in place but there clearly was so I wouldn't read too much into it. Mcarthy has made it clear that he wanted Vokes to find a permanent home and not go out on a short term loan again so I suspect a deal is in place.

Indeed, this is perhaps why he came to us rather than Burnley who he was at earlier on and wanted him back. But maybe they just wanted him on a loan and not perm

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Delighted that we have signed him - hopefully on a permanent deal in due course.

Has anyone else had a look, it appears he is not even cup tied for this season !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here