Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statements today an insult to fans' intelligence

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
For what it is worth I am with Tooting on this. We get to expect the bland corporate blah - but why not simply tell what has happened. It is an old-fashioned notion for sure, but this is the second time we have been here.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I agree with Tooting. The worst thing is it's now what I expect. I hope the club let us know what is going on, but I doubt it

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Maybe Garcia thought that he had been mugged off and treated with disrespect or maybe the board should select the manager with more care. \we'll never know just like the s..t smearing, but two years on the trot after playoffs to lose your manager is now becoming a habit. The chief executive is not bound to say anything but the longer he doesn't the more badly it reflects on him. Clarification please, its just a matter of courtesy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
but the difference is those anyone's are paying huge amounts
El Pres
something is drastically wrong and has been for ages (since before Gus went)
can you not see why people want to know

Is it not simply that Gus and Oscar did not believe that we could get promoted on our FFP compliant budget, competing against teams with parachute payments? Which is a little odd as both of them got pretty close. Whether this is or is not the case, we are once again looking for a manager who is up for this challenge, preferably one who will not be put off by transfer mishaps ala Grabban.

The club are clearly not going to budge on their views on FFP so until such time as FFP, or FFP2 or FFP68 has some effect, we may be in a similar situation for some time.

Anyway, let's see if Naylor sheds any light on the situation.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I only hope that those clubs who strictly comply with FFP monitor all those who don't and if little or no action is taken then they take the football league through the courts and sue them. The ridiculous situation where fines are given to charity is a nonsense as it's more money going put of the game at Football League level. The fines should be redistributed to those clubs in compliance of the rules.
Football administration in this country is becoming a complete shambles.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I quit my dream job a year ago, there were some unpleasant issues behind it, mouthing off about them in public wasn't in anyone's interests, so I said nothing. I'm sure many others have been in similar situations and have done the same.

Oscar's unhappiness with some things behind the scenes at the Albion have been known for a while, but Naylor talking about them in the Argus or people breaking the story on a message board serves no benefit to our playoff chances, so it didn't happen.

But now it can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here