Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Statement

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The club must share a large amount of the blame for our current position. Their reckless approach to selling our best players and not investing in good quality replacements is at the heart of things. And don't get me started on our medical team. Have they been unlucky or are they just plain incompetent?
This is nonsense.

We did replace them, we just didn’t replace them with the same quality / finished article, because that would have cost almost as much as we sold them for. Which would be completely pointless. It’s genuinely bizarre how you can’t understand the strategy there. Give it 18 months and we’ll be talking about whether we can hold on to Gilmour : Baleba.

As for the medical team, it’s not their fault the players are getting injured. I’d actually argue it is RDZ’s. Second hand info / hearsay etc but a friend who knows one of the medical team told me that they say training is as intense as a Premier League match every day. If that is true then it’s hardly a surprise that our players have been dropping like flies all season. And that is down to RDZ and nobody else.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is nonsense.

We did replace them, we just didn’t replace them with the same quality / finished article, because that would have cost almost as much as we sold them for. Which would be completely pointless. It’s genuinely bizarre how you can’t understand the strategy there. Give it 18 months and we’ll be talking about whether we can hold on to Gilmour : Baleba.

As for the medical team, it’s not their fault the players are getting injured. I’d actually argue it is RDZ’s. Second hand info / hearsay etc but a friend who knows one of the medical team told me that they say training is as intense as a Premier League match every day. If that is true then it’s hardly a surprise that our players have been dropping like flies all season. And that is down to RDZ and nobody else.
Medical team passing the buck? We have things like conditioning coaches. Not up to scratch imho

Somewhat misleading thread title

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The club must share a large amount of the blame for our current position. It's reckless approach to selling our best players and not investing in good quality replacements is at the heart of our current problems. And don't get me started on our medical team. Have our medics been unlucky or are they just plain incompetent?
It has never been explained why there was a mass exodus of the medical team early in the season

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This is nonsense.

I have been questioning whether training has been too intense for a couple of months now. My problem with RDZ is his arrogance and intransigence with how football is played in the PL. Trying to shift the blame for bad results onto the recruitment team and owner didn’t impress me either. I did think he might be the Messiah until Rome away though, I confess. More a naughty boy now :smile:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Will break a season-long habit and stay behind after the ManU game to applaud RDZ on his Lap Of Under-Appreciation. He's a top top manager who has been undone by a freakish run of injuries and a failure at board level to invest in January. Best EPL manager we ever had :bowdown:

You really do go all in or all out on our managers don’t you?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The club must share a large amount of the blame for our current position. It's reckless approach to selling our best players and not investing in good quality replacements is at the heart of our current problems. And don't get me started on our medical team. Have our medics been unlucky or are they just plain incompetent?
I would love to know the story with the medical team - did they walk out? If so, why? Seems like a coincidence we should lose our medical team halfway through a season that has us sustaining a record number of injuries - unless they also disagreed with the club not doing more in the January window to supplement a squad already carrying too much physical burden for the number of key players left fit to play.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I would love to know the story with the medical team - did they walk out? If so, why? Seems like a coincidence we should lose our medical team halfway through a season that has us sustaining a record number of injuries - unless they also disagreed with the club not doing more in the January window to supplement a squad already carrying too much physical burden for the number of key players left fit to play.
Or maybe they had alerted the club to their concern that the intensity of training was causing the ridiculous number of injuries and were told to “do their job”. A complete finger in the air guess I confess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here