Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Statement

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For all those hoping for a club statement, here it is.

Brighton and Hove Albion are pleased to announce that Roberto De Zebri has signed a new long term contact (5 years) to be head coach at the club.
Roberto said he is committed to bringing success to the club and is looking forward to qualifying for European competition again and creating more history for the club. Roberto also said that the unwavering support from the fans played a big part in his decision.

A fuller version of this statement which includes 10,000 words from PBOBE can be found on the club website

Ends

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For all those hoping for a club statement, here it is.

Brighton and Hove Albion are pleased to announce that Roberto De Zebri has signed a new long term contact (5 years) to be head coach at the club.
Roberto said he is committed to bringing success to the club and is looking forward to qualifying for European competition again and creating more history for the club. Roberto also said that the unwavering support from the fans played a big part in his decision.

A fuller version of this statement which includes 10,000 words from PBOBE can be found on the club website

Ends
It's not April 1st.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's clear as day that Bloom will pull the trigger on De Zerbi the morning after the Manchester United game, if he doesn't walk that is.

I was going to draft a mock up of the club statement in advance; Tony and the club would like to thank etc...

But I'll probably get accused of being a troll, so I thought I'd let people do their own.

What do you think will be the reason given? I'm going with "performances in the second half of the season have not been in line with the boards vision....".
You're loving this, aren't you? :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We sacked Chris Hughton, the man who took us from the foot of the championship to the premier league (and then kept us there) and that proved to be the correct decision.

We kept hold of Graham Potter despite going a calendar year without a home win, and calls from many fans that his football was all style with no end product, and that proved to be the correct decision.

Whatever happens at the end of this season I’ll support what the club decides regarding Roberto. They’ve got a track record of making difficult decisions and backing themselves that it is the right move for the club.
For what it’s worth I think they’ll stick with him.
Thanks Marvin. A agree.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
<mostly_serious>
If Mitoma goes, maybe Chelsea could be persuaded to let Mudryk go for £30m to reunite him with RDZ, with whom he previously worked very well. Yes, I know Mudryk has been terrible at Chelsea but that's Chelsea for you. Countless good players have gone there and become shit, and then left and become good again. I'm convinced that Mudryk will come good as soon as he escapes from Chelsea. He nearly went to Arsenal of course, but Chelsea hijacked the transfer to make a point. I'm 100% certain that at Arsenal he'd be fulfilling his potential.
</mostly_serious>

Regarding Roberto, I believe in showing loyalty to our people while they remain with us. It's been a very mixed season as we all know. Had a brilliant start and even though we did well in the Europa League given the opposition we faced, it was clearly very disruptive and we seemed not to have the squad to cover both PL and EL. My one criticism of RDZ is that he seemed to go overboard on player rotation once a Europa game got within sight which weakened our league campaign. Without researching this in detail, I'm sure that Liverpool, Villa and West Ham didn't panic over team selections when approaching Europe. The other major issue was having so many injuries this year, coming on top of losing Caicedo, Mac Allister, and Trossard. Depsite the highs of Europe, let's face it, it's been a bit of a crappy PL campaign this time around. With people's expectations sky high after last year, it was almost inevitable that there would be a hangover to deal with.

Isn't it the fans's forum on Tuesday? Let's see what Roberto says then. But in the meantime I'd ask people to keep the faith and dig in. We're supporters. Let's do a bit of supporting perhaps?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could we have an inkling of a parting of the ways, from either Naylor or Ornstein, before it’s official?

Romano will post a moment later, claiming an exclusive.
100% done

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The club must share a large amount of the blame for our current position. It's reckless approach to selling our best players and not investing in good quality replacements is at the heart of our current problems. And don't get me started on our medical team. Have our medics been unlucky or are they just plain incompetent?
The medics or RDZ's training methods/ intensity...one or both?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The Bournemouth lad Semenyo ,that was stretchered off today, only cost them £10m from Bristol City last year and looks a very good player (he has 9 goals this season). So there are bargains to be found in the lower leagues (such as Joao Pedro) but we don't seem to go that route very often which I feel is a shame.
He is a good player, that was a smart signing by them last season. Alex Scott was good for them too signed from Bristol City in the summer.

Alongside Scott, three of the PL’s other best value signings this season have been from the Championship - Joao Pedro, Adam Wharton and Morgan Rogers

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
That's some loyalty there. No wonder Potter left at the first opportunity for a payday.
Potter leaving will never bother me, he basically had a lottery win in terms of finance. Financial security for life, who wouldn't have gone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here